Getting other algae out of chaeto

jschrecongost

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2021
Messages
52
Reaction score
16
Location
Richmond, Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I had a turf algae issue and used reef flux to kill it. I moved my chaeto to another tank during the treatment. It has some turf algae knotted into it. I do not want to add it back to the refugium with the turf algae in it in case that could add it back to the system. Is there a way to kill the turf algae but not the chaeto?

Would soaking it in fresh ro water do the trick?

Thanks,
Josh
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new