Getting to know other people here

  • Thread starter Thread starter twilliard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
you know, ive never been able to keep zoas... and i want to fill the bottom of this tank with zoas.... not too bight am i lol
 
you know, ive never been able to keep zoas... and i want to fill the bottom of this tank with zoas.... not too bight am i lol
Did something happen to the zoas you put in the bowl? Maybe it's too early to put them in there. I thought zoas and paly were the amongst the easiest corals to keep?
 
no nothing happened to them. ive just never been able to keep them. these are still alive. but its strange. i can grow pretty much any coral, i mean ive grown sps under a clf t5 combo i made, yet i couldn't keep zoas alive. ive tried a dozen times under a half dozen different setups. they've all died within a few weeks. but everything else thrives. but yeah, these are still doing fine. i updated my build thread.
 
no nothing happened to them. ive just never been able to keep them. these are still alive. but its strange. i can grow pretty much any coral, i mean ive grown sps under a clf t5 combo i made, yet i couldn't keep zoas alive. ive tried a dozen times under a half dozen different setups. they've all died within a few weeks. but everything else thrives. but yeah, these are still doing fine. i updated my build thread.
I think everyone generally had that one thing that doesn't do well for them.
 
ive never had an issue with fish either. every fish i bought i kept alive. donno, maybe ill get lucky and be able to keep zoas in the bowl.
 
nope. but ive seen some crazy zoa tanks and im thinking if i can keep zoas alive in this bowl it will be a zoa bowl with a colony of duncans in the middle.
 
nice. ill just be happy if these open and start to grow. if they do that then ill dump 100 on zoa frags to get this tank going
 
@Devlin I decided to come here cause I didn't wanna run away with their thread. I ain't been working since the last job. It's holidays and hard to come by, so I haven't been doing much with myself.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new