GFCI surge protector

Kingkold020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been searching online for a while now but I haven’t seen any surge protectors with GFCI. I was trying to find one because the outlet I’m use if doesn’t have it. Is it even a thing? If so please reccomend me one. I’ve also heard of the Tripp lite one but that is gfci only. It doesn’t have surge protection as well.

OP
OP
Kingkold020

Kingkold020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Specifically, the single outlet GFCI's sold at the hardware store. Please don't plug strips into strips as a general practice.
I see what you mean. I didn’t know plug in gfci outlets existed. I’ll probably go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and try to find one. So could I plug a power strip into that?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what you mean. I didn’t know plug in gfci outlets existed. I’ll probably go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and try to find one. So could I plug a power strip into that?
You can have GFCI at the breaker or at the outlet. GFCI breaker will make all outlets on that circuit GFCI. GFCI outlet, only that outlet. Outlet is around $20 at HD.

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Specifically, the single outlet GFCI's sold at the hardware store. Please don't plug strips into strips as a general practice.

I have new apex eb832 that I was planning to plug into a serge protector that will be plugged into gfci outlet. So your not supposed to plug a strip into another strip? Anyone know if the eb832 has surge protection? We get a lot of storms in Texas and I don’t want to risk such expensive equipment. Any ideas? Thanks

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eb832 has surge protection but not gfci.
Youcan plug a power strip into a plug in gfci
035874390117.jpg

But you shouldn't plug a power strip into a power strip, to many outlets with a potential to overload the outlet that powers them.

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The eb832 has surge protection but not gfci.
Youcan plug a power strip into a plug in gfci
035874390117.jpg

But you shouldn't plug a power strip into a power strip, to many outlets with a potential to overload the outlet that powers them.

Thanks for info. Im gonna just swap outlet with gfci outlet and plug eb832 in like normal.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back