GHA detaching to water column

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having issue with raising my Po4.

When I checked using Hanna ULR Phosphorus check, it always come back with zero.

Had it tested in the LFS and it also came back as zero.

In saying that, I do have GHA in my tank; wouldn't say an outbreak but here and there, mainly on my bare bottom surface and on the wall tank. Nothing on the Live Rocks.

The LPS in my tank have taken a toll due to this (undetectable Po4) therefore I've decided to significantly up the nutrients by feeding the tank a mixed of reef roids, Red Sea Reef Energy+, combination of frozen food (Lobster Eggs, Mysis shrimp, Brine shrimp, Red Planktons, Rotifers etc).

And strangely I could see on the past few days, GHA have been detaching and seeing slightly less of it.

How is this even possible? Have I weakened the GHA by upping the nutrients in my tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

In saying that, I do have GHA in my tank; wouldn't say an outbreak but here and there, mainly on my bare bottom surface and on the wall tank. Nothing on the Live Rocks.

The LPS in my tank have taken a toll due to this (undetectable Po4) therefore I've decided to significantly up the nutrients by feeding the tank a mixed of reef roids, Red Sea Reef Energy+, combination of frozen food (Lobster Eggs, Mysis shrimp, Brine shrimp, Red Planktons, Rotifers etc).

And strangely I could see on the past few days, GHA have been detaching and seeing slightly less of it.

How is this even possible? Have I weakened the GHA by upping the nutrients in my tank?
For po4, feed a little more to raise levels or give coral reef roids which raise it
For detachment, assure not too much flow directed at it

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The algea is starving itself. Add some flakes or reefroids to your feeding. It's a great source of phosphate. Do you have a refugium or scrubber?

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe increase photo period in scrubber and let all algae flourish there instead of your tank. My scrubber lights are on 24/7. I get blooms occasionally after adding new stuff but it seems to end up growing I'm my scrubbers. Urchins also help.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back