GHL conductivity better than Neptune?

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The conductivity module and probe for the neptune is straight garbage. I'm curious if those that have first hand experience with BOTH of them can tell me if GHL is an improvement.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my question to you why do you say that what supports your opinion? Mine works fine is accurate and I'm happy so what is yours doing wrong

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The conductivity module and probe for the neptune is straight garbage. I'm curious if those that have first hand experience with BOTH of them can tell me if GHL is an improvement.
I don't have experience with both, but i have the GHL conductivity probe. It has never once read correctly when compared to my refractometer and has continued to drift lower. I need to try calibrating it again just to see if I can get it halfway useful. So...take it for what it's worth.

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had issues with GHL probe's . My orp would change if I unplugged anything running on the system. Was told it was earth ground. Then at show was told I need a 3 prong power supply. I threw the unit in the garbage , after tears of second guessing the unit. I also ran the conductivity probe. I have moved on and am using GF-Signet . These are very pricy by worth the money. IMO you couldn't give me any hobby grade controller.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 57 31.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 48 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 37 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back