GHL conductivity better than Neptune?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Velcro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2016
Messages
3,276
Reaction score
3,098
Location
Kalamazoo, MI
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The conductivity module and probe for the neptune is straight garbage. I'm curious if those that have first hand experience with BOTH of them can tell me if GHL is an improvement.
 
So my question to you why do you say that what supports your opinion? Mine works fine is accurate and I'm happy so what is yours doing wrong
 
The conductivity module and probe for the neptune is straight garbage. I'm curious if those that have first hand experience with BOTH of them can tell me if GHL is an improvement.
I don't have experience with both, but i have the GHL conductivity probe. It has never once read correctly when compared to my refractometer and has continued to drift lower. I need to try calibrating it again just to see if I can get it halfway useful. So...take it for what it's worth.
 
I have had issues with GHL probe's . My orp would change if I unplugged anything running on the system. Was told it was earth ground. Then at show was told I need a 3 prong power supply. I threw the unit in the garbage , after tears of second guessing the unit. I also ran the conductivity probe. I have moved on and am using GF-Signet . These are very pricy by worth the money. IMO you couldn't give me any hobby grade controller.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new