GHL Connect App Losing Local Connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having an issue where the app on iOS 15 isn’t saving the local connections after adding them multiple times. They add just fine, but when I close the app and go back in they disappear and have to set it up all over again to see the readings. Also, I’m only having difficulty connecting to my KHD stand alone doser via app myGHL. The P4 connects just fine through the app on myGHL.
Does anyone have any insight on a fix or does the app need to be fixed? I made sure it was up to date and it is. Thank you.

chadtadams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the app on a phone or iPad? I’ve found that the app on my phone has always left me less than pleased. Always having to reset or add something if using the local connection. Support suggests to delete the app and set back up, but the issues seem to reappear. I finally just used the cloud connection from the app and it has seemed stable. My iPad seems to always work and loads much faster every time.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been some talk about the new privacy rules and such that Apple imposed with the latest iOS update that it might be hindering how the myGHL app saves your data.
You can try deleting the app, restart your phone, reinstall the app, and be sure to give the app any permissions it asks for.
That might fix the issue.

OP
OP
SaltFishTV

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll give the permissions a try. I know I keep adding the devices and then it would delete them after closing the app

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. I tried the delete and reinstall and nothing changed. No permissions popped up. Ugh, can this be fixed in a possible update for iOS users, @Vinny@GHLUSA ?
Bummer...
One other thing, in the app setting (top right gear icon) do you have "Save app-settings to the cloud" enabled?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the issue last week on iOS 14.8 but the local devices would stay for about 12 hours not disappear right away. But after a couple days it started to stay and I have not had to add my local device since 9-22-2021 4:32 pm.

Have you submitted a ticket?

OP
OP
SaltFishTV

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the issue last week on iOS 14.8 but the local devices would stay for about 12 hours not disappear right away. But after a couple days it started to stay and I have not had to add my local device since 9-22-2021 4:32 pm.

Have you submitted a ticket?
I’ve submitted tickets months ago but on different issues and still didn’t hear back, but ended up finding a fix. I added my local connection today and so far it’s staying. Hopefully for good.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve submitted tickets months ago but on different issues and still didn’t hear back, but ended up finding a fix. I added my local connection today and so far it’s staying. Hopefully for good.

I have always received a response from Vinny or Matthias on my tickets. I start one anytime something is not working like I think it should be.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 60 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back