GHL Connect - LogBook

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL just released Log Book, which can be used on the GHL connect or the myGHL cloud service. It works on devices that use the GHL connect App, and the myghl cloud service.

I did a Overview Video of the features within, enjoy.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks very much @Ditto. Very helpful as always.

This is one of the last features that I missed from the Apex environment. It's very well put together and the interface is great. It's remarkable how far the app/UX has come in such a short time. They really have hit just the right balance between having flexibility and customization on the one hand, and having a solid framework to keep things organized and streamlined on the other.

Two things that would be helpful for the logbook going forward would be having reminders trigger native and email notifications; and integrating sensor data into the charts. So we can compare those with our measurements and notes. See the impact of water changes on things; see links between sensor readings and measurements. If you use the logbook for notes on the tank (comments on polyp extension, when you notice algae growth, or coral growth) then seeing those as milestones overlaid on changes over time in ph, temp, redox, from sensors, alk, No3, etc from measurements would be great.

Now I have to port over my past measurements!

Really great stuff @Matthias Gross @Marco@GHLUSA @Vinny@GHLUSA

Cheers, Tony

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
images

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Big G - Thank you for the Pump

@Tristren - They are working on Notifications, and integrating the sensor data into the LogBook. We had a version of the LogBook for a little while on the previous version of the myGHL cloud service I am glad they rebuilt it. Watching the GHL connect App enhancements from the beginning has been remarkable, the app has come so far, I use it more then the built in controller web interface and the cloud service. Can not wait to see what else is coming.

@siggy - Thanks for the Pointer hehe :)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to start using this soon So TAG your it!:D

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video explanation @Ditto but having a slight problem with my logbook. I have created Categories for all my main measurement values and set a reminder which came up at the appropriate time. When I clicked to complete and tried to create an event to save the measurement the Add button at the bottom is greyed out so cannot add and the event box just disappeared. - see screenshots Any suggestions what I may be doing wrong or is this a system glitch Many thanks
Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 19.29.14.png

Screenshot 2020-06-13 at 13.44.43.png

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange tired again after posting and now seems to be working. Only managed to get two out of six measurements to record properly. I'll have to see what happens next time I try to record measurements. Sorry to have troubled you.

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No trouble I was trying to replicate your issue and could not. But will monitor it closer for tomorrow maintenance events and see if any issues come up.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange tired again after posting and now seems to be working. Only managed to get two out of six measurements to record properly. I'll have to see what happens next time I try to record measurements. Sorry to have troubled you.
I normally see the greyed out box if an entry is invalid (if I am trying to set the max volume of a container more than 30l for example).
Odd.

Which 2 worked vs the 4 that didn’t?

And as always, best to open a ticket so they know the problem.

Tony

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally see the greyed out box if an entry is invalid (if I am trying to set the max volume of a container more than 30l for example).
Odd.

Which 2 worked vs the 4 that didn’t?

And as always, best to open a ticket so they know the problem.

Tony
I was just looking at it again when your post came through. It was actually 3 of the 6 and I had just tried adding an Event for each of those missing three but with no luck on either myGHL or Connect. Then I saw your comment "entry invalid" which of course it doesn't tell you that. So I thought that I would check the decimal places setting and that was the problem on all three - had the wrong setting for what I was trying to enter. Another user error !! Thanks for your help and @Ditto

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back