GHL Doser 2.1 Pipes popping off

Discussion in 'GHL Advanced Technology' started by porter_painter, Aug 13, 2017.

1. porter_painter

porter_painter Member

I appreciate this happens with quite a few dosers, it used to happen to my old GHL doser infrequently.

However with my 2.1 doser it's a more than weekly occurrence, and not just the alk dosing line either. There no blockages, the pipes just work loose.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I would love it if GHL came out with a better connector between the tubing in the doser and the lines you connect to it. Something like the vertex libra has.

Tags:

2. reefwiser

reefwiser LMAS R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I have happen once on one pump. I have 3 GHL dosing pumps. The fitting is standard for every dosing pump of this size. Might try a small wire tie and see if that would stop it.

porter_painter likes this.
  3. Marco@GHLUSA

Marco@GHLUSA GHL Team R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Hmmnn. I don't think I've had this happen once.
    What kind of tubing do you use?

The only way I can see this happening would be on tubing that's not the correct size, or where the elasticizers have released/leaked and the tubing no longer holds, in that case you wouldn't want to use said tubing anyway.

Personally I used vinyl airline tubing, and it hasn't let go once.

Could you please post a picture of how you have it connected, maybe a close up showing both tubing, connector and silicon tubing coming out of the head.

porter_painter and Craig Skinner like this.
  4. porter_painter

porter_painter Member

Thanks for the replies.

I've been using standard 6mm airline (not sure what they make it of!). I have always used this, even back to my aquatronica doser days (shudders :) ). I've never had such frequent incidents though.

I welcome recommendations for other tubing or where to source better connectors.