GHL Doser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I need a doser, and have heard great things about your products. I need a 3 head stand alone unit and was wondering which model you would suggest. I don't yet have a controller, and am currently not able to get one. I am interested in the Profilux4 but that is not going to happen any time soon unfortunately. If it needs to be programmed via PC or smart phone I am an apple user so needs to be iOS compatible. Any recommendations? Thanks for your time.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will want the "Stand Alone" Doser 2.
It can be used independently of a controller, but when you do get your Profilux 4 it will work seamlessly with it.
Either continue to program it through MyGhl or have your Profilux control it.
Personally, I have the both the SA Doser 2 and the Profilux and I just use MyGHL to program the doser.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will want the "Stand Alone" Doser 2.
It can be used independently of a controller, but when you do get your Profilux 4 it will work seamlessly with it.
Either continue to program it through MyGhl or have your Profilux control it.
Personally, I have the both the SA Doser 2 and the Profilux and I just use MyGHL to program the doser.
Thanks @d2min, I will look at those again. Now you are differentiating between the doser 2 and the 2.1 correct?

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Doser 2.1 is ideal for applications like automatic water changes and high volumes of fluids, gallons.
Can the 2.1 be used as a stand alone and is it iOS compatible. Again I'm not in a position to be purchasing a controller at the moment.

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the 2.1 be used as a stand alone and is it iOS compatible. Again I'm not in a position to be purchasing a controller at the moment.

Correct, standalone availability in 2 through 4 pump configurations. You'll just need to select "SA" instead of "Slave" when making your purchase.

Controlling the Doser via a Mac is possible.
Apple Bootcamp or virtual machine is needed. I am a Mac user also and I use Bootcamp with Windows 10.

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, standalone availability in 2 through 4 pump configurations. You'll just need to select "SA" instead of "Slave" when making your purchase.

Controlling the Doser via a Mac is possible.
Apple Bootcamp or virtual machine is needed. I am a Mac user also and I use Bootcamp with Windows 10.

I control mine through my iPhone. Works no hitches. I use the three head GHL Doser 2 as well. Works like a champ.

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I control mine through my iPhone. Works no hitches. I use the three head GHL Doser 2 as well. Works like a champ.

Nice! Four(4) pump Doser 2 Standalone version here! I control mine via MyGHL(Cloud) and GCC most of the time. I guess because I have mine connected to my ProfiLux 3.1T in Slave mode now, but I used the iOS app in my early days of ownership.

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he replied to this question from you "Now you are differentiating between the doser 2 and the 2.1 correct?"

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha. sorry. was on my phone and forgot to hit the quote button. :)

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys break it down for me. As @Jerel suggested, I'm not interested in downloading an app to allow my Mac to run windows. I have no use for Windows on my computer. What I am interested in is a doser that I can either manually program or just program through my iPhone, or iPad, or Mac Desktop. Do any of GHL's 3 head dosers fit my needs?

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys break it down for me. As @Jerel suggested, I'm not interested in downloading an app to allow my Mac to run windows. I have no use for Windows on my computer. What I am interested in is a doser that I can either manually program or just program through my iPhone, or iPad, or Mac Desktop. Do any of GHL's 3 head dosers fit my needs?

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Controlling the Doser will work fine for you via iPhone, iPad and Mac(MyGHL Cloud via Web browser).

What do you plan to dose?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @fragit - Yes, the GHL Doser will work for you.
As others have posted, it can be controller from iOS, or the MyGHL Cloud App from anywhere in the world. :)

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the current pricing for a Standalone 3 pump unit is appreciate. The initial pricing for that unit was $484 in 4Q, 2014.

Though, worth a try !

Back