GHL Doser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Doser 2 today out of the box it's awesome! I've got it all set up, and trying to calibrate but can't figure it out. I've got a call into Vinny at GHL support, but it's Friday at 5 and probably won't here back. Can anybody here help me figure this out? I am trying to dose 40mL a day in four 10ml doses.

cthedaytrader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/need-help-setting-up-your-ghl-doser-2-1.260361/

Did you read through the more comprehensive manual, I think it explains it in there how to calibrate it, in the MyGhl software it has a calibration function where you calibrate each pump, set the speak of it, put the tubing in a graduated cylinder, click the calibrate button and once its done dosing you enter the amount it dosed

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - yes, calibration is pretty simple.
Select the speed you'd like the pumps to run at 0-1-2-3, the. Hit SAVE!
The calibration function will run the pump for exactly 1 minute, you'll have to measure the dispensed quantity of liquid, enter into the rate option and hit save! Done :)

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - yes, calibration is pretty simple.
Select the speed you'd like the pumps to run at 0-1-2-3, the. Hit SAVE!
The calibration function will run the pump for exactly 1 minute, you'll have to measure the dispensed quantity of liquid, enter into the rate option and hit save! Done :)

Thanks @Marco@GHLUSA, and @cthedaytrader! I had down loaded the full manual after asking for help. I was making it more complicated in my mind than it needed to be. Doser is calibrated and officially running. Thanks for all your help folks!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just to clear up my own confusion, I see several in here saying you can control the doser with a Mac via MyGHL, but do you still need a PC (as is the case for the Profilux) to set it up?

I ask bc it's important to note the difference between being able to control it via MyGHL and being able to setup AND control it via MyGHL (bc it may mean that a user will still need a PC at some point in the game).

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Doser 2 and 2.1 don't even need to be connected to a computer to use. Straight out of the box all you need is the phone app to set up and use.
To use via myGHL you need to be able to use GCC obtain the security code and to be able to turn on my GHL in the settings page.
I never use myGHL to adjust the dosing levels of my pumps as I want to check my water before adjusting anything. Once the security code is in myGHL then you can change the dosing plan in the web browser.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Doser 2 and 2.1 don't even need to be connected to a computer to use. Straight out of the box all you need is the phone app to set up and use.
To use via myGHL you need to be able to use GCC obtain the security code and to be able to turn on my GHL in the settings page.
I never use myGHL to adjust the dosing levels of my pumps as I want to check my water before adjusting anything. Once the security code is in myGHL then you can change the dosing plan in the web browser.
Awesome! Thanks! That's a very helpful clarification. :)

tjscott46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the Doser 2.1 as an ATO, I was wondering what the distance and height of the pump from the fluid supply can be? Also the height and the distance it can pump? ie (head pressure) The reason is I would like to house my electronics in a cabinet next to my 120 gal aquarium.

Any information would help in deciding if this is the route I'm going to take.

Thank You

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back