GHL Maxi Standalone Auto Water Change (AWC) setup Settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

I just purchased and received a GHL-Maxi-Standalone, after a need to cut the noise level in my home office when doing an auto water change (AWC). I have seen the pumps work at the fish shows, and really liking the GHL line for the solid quality build and the quite working.

After setting up the doser to work with my network and GCC, I finally got to see the setup screens.

Now for my questions.

I would like to make a 48 liter water change, over 3 days (15500ml each day), from 10 am to 10pm?

I can only set the container level to 30000ml when I have a 48000 ml container?

GHL Maxi Screen Pump 2.png

What is the timer screen for? is that to set my 10 am to 10PM?
GHL Timer screen .png

Where I have been, I looked on GHL site for a video, and did a basic search. I really did not see a full explanation of how to do it, I may have missed something is my searches.

Thank you for the help :)

@Ditto @Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our GHL Doser Resource Guide provides a how-to section for setting up AWC on a Standalone doser. Click the link in the first post and see page 27 in the guide.

Increasing the container limits are on the to-do list.
For the meantime, either disable the fill monitoring feature or use the 30,000ml limit as a guide for when your container is getting low.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our GHL Doser Resource Guide provides a how-to section for setting up AWC on a Standalone doser. Click the link in the first post and see page 27 in the guide.

On the meantime, either disable the fill monitoring feature or use the 30,000ml limit as a guide for when your container is getting low.
Thank you for your quick replay, I will give a try later and post my setting for other if I get it to work:oops::D

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another use case for a larger dosing vessel size when using Maxi doser for AWC. If that's what these are built and being marketed for, then the software needs a slight tweak to accommodate.

Unless there is another solution for monitoring how much NSW I have left available?

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

On the meantime, either disable the fill monitoring feature or use the 30,000ml limit as a guide for when your container is getting low.
@Vinny@GHLUSA I just started reading, and a question popped up. What I am not using level sensors?

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another use case for a larger dosing vessel size when using Maxi doser for AWC. If that's what these are built and being marketed for, then the software needs a slight tweak to accommodate.

Unless there is another solution for monitoring how much NSW I have left available?

Thanks in advance
I believe it's been talked about several times, they are looking into that for the next update.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA I just started reading, and a question popped up. What I am not using level sensors?
Calibrate your pumps and have them remove and add back the specific amount needed.

I’m actually taking out and adding back at the same time so my ATO level never really sees anything low. I take the water out on the skimmer side and add water in at the return side. I take out and add back 300ml 24 times a day.

Initially I was running sensors and couldn’t keep the levels happy with the ATO.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calibrate your pumps and have them remove and add back the specific amount needed.

I’m actually taking out and adding back at the same time so my ATO level never really sees anything low. I take the water out on the skimmer side and add water in at the return side. I take out and add back 300ml 24 times a day.
This is my plan, and what I was doing with the other doser. :)

I am try to wrap my head around, do I use the timer setting window with each pump and then set up the dosing amounts on the pump screen?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWC with level sensors is the standard way to use this function because it allows you to use the built-in safety measures.

As @AZMSGT said, the alternative option is to set it up as a "dose" schedule where both the waste SW and new SW are running at the same time. As long as the heads are calibrated, they will both transport equal amounts. With this option, you would not need a timer function because the "dose" schedule determines when the water change happens.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWC with level sensors is the standard way to use this function because it allows you to use the built-in safety measures.

As @AZMSGT said, the alternative option is to set it up as a "dose" schedule where both the waste SW and new SW are running at the same time. As long as the heads are calibrated, they will both transport equal amounts. With this option, you would not need a timer function because the "dose" schedule determines when the water change happens.
Besides the days of dosing (3) I would like the dosing to start and stop after 12hr. Starting at 10am to 10pm, would I do this dosing schedule below automatic or individually?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just now have the calibration finished.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you have specific starting and ending times, the individual option would be the one to use.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Initially I was running sensors and couldn’t keep the levels happy with the ATO.
That would likely impact skimmer performance I would have thought. Isn't the point of a skimmer chamber to maintain a consistent height/depth?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would likely impact skimmer performance I would have thought. Isn't the point of a skimmer chamber to maintain a consistent height/depth?
No the skimmer chamber has a physical wall and water can’t move to the next chamber till that section is full. Since I’m adding back in at the next section at the same time the level never changes even in my return pump side. All tank pumps stay running.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of the maxi doser, why is it not in stock anymore? Both US and European stores aren’t stocking it.. Has it been retired? (Hope not!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the skimmer chamber has a physical wall and water can’t move to the next chamber till that section is full. Since I’m adding back in at the next section at the same time the level never changes even in my return pump side. All tank pumps stay running.
I think we are maybe crossing terms. To me, the return section needs to go through display, back into sump, through whatever, then into SKimmer chamber (which is where the skimmer sits), then the return. The reason the section with the skimmer in it has that wall is to maintain a stable level. The return section of a sump should be the only section that has a variable level (evap/top off should only impact this chamber).

Anyway, if you have it working for you thats great news,

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im working on mine next week, following

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of the maxi doser, why is it not in stock anymore? Both US and European stores aren’t stocking it.. Has it been retired? (Hope not!)

With everything that is going on, some parts are getting scarce with manufacturing shut downs and shipping.

I looked around and found my Maxi at BRS ;)

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we are maybe crossing terms. To me, the return section needs to go through display, back into sump, through whatever, then into SKimmer chamber (which is where the skimmer sits), then the return. The reason the section with the skimmer in it has that wall is to maintain a stable level. The return section of a sump should be the only section that has a variable level (evap/top off should only impact this chamber).

Anyway, if you have it working for you thats great news,
The levels are not effected. What is taken out in the skimmer section is replace in the return section if both pumps are synced to take out the same amount.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back