GHL Pro 3 - Need help with 'simple' settings.

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Todays topic is really my issue.
I do not have anything automated regarding filling my ATO resevoir.
Since I've gotten distracted a few times lately, filling up and not turning of the RO unit in time, I want some safety added.

I got a second GHL profilux 3, and though that just adding a float sensor, could shut off the RO unit just in case I forget to do it.

Problem is, I can't find any good way to set it up.
I'd like the socket to be off, and only turn on if I do it (from GHL app dashboard).
If float switch is triggered turn of the socket.

Sounds simple, but seems GHL doesn't do 'simple' settings only 'chose our predefined settings'.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Billldg You seem to be good with GHL. Help this guy?
I am just starting to learn the programming, but, I will try.

You can set the outlet socket to always off, that way, it will only come on when you tell it to.

I am not sure about the PL as that is what I am just starting to learn. Lets see if someone that knows a lot more about the PL can help.

@Ditto
@Vinny@GHLUSA
@Lasse

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a couple ways to do this...

Option 1
If you already know how long it takes to fill the ATO reservoir, you can use a powerbar socket and maintenance mode for this task. The maintenance mode itself can be set to be active for up to 4 hours. When you see it's time to fill the reservoir, you just activate the maintenance mode from the dashboard or head unit, have it turn ON the RO (via PB socket) and have it turn OFF automatically afterwards. No sensor needed here since the task is controlled by the maintenance mode which is managed by the duration you specify.

Simple really.

Option 2
You use 2 GHL sensors...one at the bottom of the reservoir and another at the top. You use the Min-Max function to control the Powerbar socket. This way, the outlet turns ON only when the lower sensor is triggered and turn OFF when the RO water level hits the upper sensor. This will automate the reservoir refilling for you. With this option you will also get to specify the max on-time which is your failsafe in case one of the sensors get stuck.

Follow the steps for ATO w/ 2 sensors:

There is also a how-to video on that here:

OP
OP
K

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a couple ways to do this...

Option 1
If you already know how long it takes to fill the ATO reservoir, you can use a powerbar socket and maintenance mode for this task. The maintenance mode itself can be set to be active for up to 4 hours. When you see it's time to fill the reservoir, you just activate the maintenance mode from the dashboard or head unit, have it turn ON the RO (via PB socket) and have it turn OFF automatically afterwards. No sensor needed here since the task is controlled by the maintenance mode which is managed by the duration you specify.

Simple really.

Option 2
You use 2 GHL sensors...one at the bottom of the reservoir and another at the top. You use the Min-Max function to control the Powerbar socket. This way, the outlet turns ON only when the lower sensor is triggered and turn OFF when the RO water level hits the upper sensor. This will automate the reservoir refilling for you. With this option you will also get to specify the max on-time which is your failsafe in case one of the sensors get stuck.

Follow the steps for ATO w/ 2 sensors:

There is also a how-to video on that here:

Thanks for the suggestions, but not exactly what I'm looking for.
I did come up with a solution, that works. At least till I find a better way.
I setup a maintenance mode, with no sockets effected. This gave me a button on the dashboard, to start/stop things.
Added ATO function to the level sensor, to stop filling when sensor is triggered.
Made a logic that only turns on RO unit socket when maintenance AND ato is on.
This does give a constant alarm as ato function always on, even if socket is off. I guess the alarm can be deactivated somewhere.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to set the maximum on time to zero

1630451846812.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
K

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to set the maximum on time to zero

1630451846812.png

Sincerely Lasse
Was what I was planning to do :)
I thought having a maximum on time, would give me an extra level of safety, but it just turns on an alarm. It does not stop 'filling' or shut off the socket, with this setup.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do it this way

My example maintenance 1. Set the active time - in my example 60 min DO NOT configure sockets at all in the maintenance window

1630525628301.png

Save

Create a Level function - in my example Level 1

1630525703311.png

Configure Control circuit 1

1630525928880.png

Configure sensor 1 (if this is the actual sensor. Connect the censor to the censor port Move it right/uppside down and look which sensors state is changing - that is the sensor you should use above and configure) In my examp+le sensor 1

'
1630526102615.png

Make a PL - my example PL 1

1630526294917.png

Knit this PL to the actual outlet

1630526360798.png

Connect your pump to actual outlet and put the switch in position. If you press maintenance !

1630526471833.png
And your sensor is in low position - it will activate the socket till either the maintenance period (60 minutes) is gone or the sensor is in the upper position

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
K

kilnakorr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do it this way

My example maintenance 1. Set the active time - in my example 60 min DO NOT configure sockets at all in the maintenance window

1630525628301.png

Save

Create a Level function - in my example Level 1

1630525703311.png

Configure Control circuit 1

1630525928880.png

Configure sensor 1 (if this is the actual sensor. Connect the censor to the censor port Move it right/uppside down and look which sensors state is changing - that is the sensor you should use above and configure) In my examp+le sensor 1

'
1630526102615.png

Make a PL - my example PL 1

1630526294917.png

Knit this PL to the actual outlet

1630526360798.png

Connect your pump to actual outlet and put the switch in position. If you press maintenance !

1630526471833.png
And your sensor is in low position - it will activate the socket till either the maintenance period (60 minutes) is gone or the sensor is in the upper position

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks Lasse. I believe this is exactly what I tried to describe in my previous post, but I bet someone else will be happy with the pictures and explanation.
As I needed the same setup on my salt mix tank, I created a second setup just like it and just added a third logic with logic 1 OR logic 2.
It works perfectly!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back