GHL Products Doubt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

andrecr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I'm thinking of buying the Kh Director and the Ion Director but I have some doubts on how they work. Can you guys help me out please?

So, do the Kh director + Ion director require 2 dosing pumps or 1 is enough for them? And assuming 1 extra pump for balling...

Do the kh and ion director automatically conect to the balling doser to keep the parameters at the desired level? Will they automatically dose in order keep let's say Ca at 450?

How many years of warranty does GHL offer?

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each unit will need a doser, do you have ghl controller?
if you don’t you would need stand alone unit and a slave.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need 3 heads for the KH-director and 4 heads for the ion director in order to have them to work. If you buy 2 pcs of 4 heads doser (SA+slave if you do not have an p3 or p4 computer - 2 slaves if you have a profilux computer) you will only have 1 head free for dosing something. If you want to dose more things - you need extra heads. Th p4 can handle 32 heads and the p3 and Doser2 SA can handle 16 heads (will be 32 in the future what I understand.)

Yes you will have options for a seamless integration between reading and dosing

Sincerely Lasse

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KH Director and ION Director each require a dosing unit to feed those devices. With that setup you will have 1x KHD, 1x IOND and 2x Dosing units. Both KHD and IOND use 3 pump heads each. That leaves you with 1 extra pump head (total 2) which can be used to dose your KH and Ca supplements.

OP
OP
andrecr

andrecr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KH Director and ION Director each require a dosing unit to feed those devices. With that setup you will have 1x KHD, 1x IOND and 2x Dosing units. Both KHD and IOND use 3 pump heads each. That leaves you with 1 extra pump head (total 2) which can be used to dose your KH and Ca supplements.
So basically It's needed 1xIOND 1xKHD and 3x Dosing Units to have a full balling

My other question is, these products alone can automatize de needing for the supplements? Or do you need a Profilux for that?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lasse I believe the IOND only requires 3 heads. In the beginning it was 4, but then reduced to 3.

OK - Of some reason I thought it was back to 4.

Sincerely Lasse

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically It's needed 1xIOND 1xKHD and 3x Dosing Units to have a full balling

My other question is, these products alone can automatize de needing for the supplements? Or do you need a Profilux for that?
You would need these:
1x KH Director Slave Set
1x ION Director Slave Set
1x Doser 2.1 Standalone
2x PAB cables

No ProfiLux necessary. As long as you have a Standalone doser to control those devices, the above will be enough for auto-adjusting your dosage amounts.

jim_fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a KHD and standalone set at the moment and eagerly wait an Iond

To dose Calc & Mag i need 5 pump heads ? If so could you make me one please ?

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would need these:
1x KH Director Slave Set
1x ION Director Slave Set
1x Doser 2.1 Standalone
2x PAB cables

No ProfiLux necessary. As long as you have a Standalone doser to control those devices, the above will be enough for auto-adjusting your dosage amounts.
Without a profilux my understanding is you will not get any emails, text messages, or alarms sent to you (which in many ways defeats the purpose of having automatic testing and isn't really stand alone...).

Be prepared to have a 12 pack of beer, an accurate gram scale, and lots of patience when setting these up, if the ion director is anything like the KH director. Verify tubing measurements and volumes thoroughly. Watch the videos multiple times. Have someone who knows how to manually connect a device to your internet handy.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back