GHL Profilux 4 ph probe to control switch socket with dosing pump on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DarrensReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I was thinking of adding a kakwasser stirrer to my system to aid in maintaining my ph. It does swing a little during the day but doesn't stay above 8. What I would like to do is fit a single doser onto the GHL powerbar to dose 1ml of kakwasser per hour to keep the ph above 8 but have the doser controlled by the ph probe to make sure it doesn't go to high and come on when it's to low.
I want it to work alongside a stand alone doser that doses alk, calcium, and nopox. If you think this is a bad idea then please feel free to let me know. But if you could help in the setup of programme logic or switch/sensor for this project I would be very grateful. Many thanks in advance

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know how to create a virtual copy of your pH probe? Do you have a P3 or P4? Is the stand alone doser of another brand or A GHL SA?

Your single doser - it is from another brand too?

You want a standard of 1 ml/hour - but do you want it to dose in a continuous mode if pH get below a certain value?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
D

DarrensReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know how to create a virtual copy of your pH probe? Do you have a P3 or P4? Is the stand alone doser of another brand or A GHL SA?

Your single doser - it is from another brand too?

You want a standard of 1 ml/hour - but do you want it to dose in a continuous mode if pH get below a certain value?

Sincerely Lasse
I don't know how to create a virtual copy of the ph probe sorry. It's a profilux 4 the doser I was going to use is a single doser like the ecotech versa or something similar. Yes that's correct if the ph is below 8 then it would turn on the switch socket to the doser to dose 1ml each hour until it reaches 8 then switches off. I was looking to set a tolerance of 0.2 for the ph.

Thanks Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´ll come back tomorrow.

You only want it to dose below 8 and 1 ml/hour - in that case is rather simple but its night here now (Sweden) - I´ll come back to you tomorrow.

Sincerely Lasse

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below are the steps on creating the Virtual PH Probe.

Creating the Virtual Probe:

From the P4 Itself
Press on any Key to bring up the Menu
Using the Arrow Keys and highlight System
Press the check mark key
Using the Arrow Keys highlight Virtual Probe
A New Menu will Appear with two options (Copy or Average)
Using the Arrow Keys Highlight Copy
Select the Probe you wish to Copy, for me this will be the ph-value 1
Press the check mark Key
You will then be asked to save the change
Using the Arrow key and Highlight Yes
Press the check mark Key

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A virtual probe can be useful if you already have something else being controlled by the physical pH probe. In that case, you would create the virtual probe which copies the physical probe and allows you to set a completely different set of control commands. Think of it as having a 2nd probe. :)

If you want to setup a virtual probe, the steps for that can be found here:

With regards to the kalk dosing and pH level, you can setup conditional dosing by following the steps shown here:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The simple solution - the dosing only works at pH below 8

Create a doser in the doser meny that dose 1 ml/H - I´ll do the examples in GCC and you can change my chose of different numbers to those that fit you

1621944942512.png

1621944990302.png

I chose dosing pump 17 (I have the latest FW with 32 pumps) You can chose whatever free pump

Now we go to the switch channel - chose the one you are going to use - I chose 31 connect your doser here - 17 in my example

1621945255467.png

Plug in your dosing pump and connect it to your kalkasser stirrer and the outlet to an empty container. Go back to your chosen pump (in my case 17) - chose speed (I chose 0) save and press calibration button

1621945681278.png

You can do - let us say 3 calibrations in a row - measure how much you get in the container - divide with 3 (in my case) and put in the figure as flowrate of the pump.

Next step - go to your pH probe. Nominal value 8, hysteresis 0.2 and two position controller. When pH below 7,9 - it will start and when pH over 8-1 it will stop. You can use a shorter Hysteresis (down to 0,05) if you want - swing 7,975 - 8,025)

1621946564151.png

Now we go to PL language - I chose gate 13 an configure an AND function between dosing pump 17 and PH2 (in my case) and increasing

1621946734632.png

Go back to switches (in my case 31 and switch the function to gate 13

1621946918168.png

1621946973452.png

And that's it,

If you want a more complicated programming - maybe 2 ml when its below 7,8 and so on - you need a virtual probe for your chosen pH probe

Sincerely Lasse

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back