GHL Profilux mini can't connect to wifi

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mac93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mac93

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to switch to GHL from Neptune because I was frustrated with Neptune Apex connectivity issues (which has been rock solid sense the GHL boxes showed up, go figure). Now I have spent multiple hours trying to get the Profilux mini to connect to my wifi network and no dice. I have Verizon Fios as ISP and an Asus Zen Wifi AX system. I stopped trying to connect to the Asus system given others issues with mesh networks and ghl devices. I have spent a good portion of this afternoon trying to get the mini to connect to my 2.4ghz band on my Fios network. I disabled the 5ghz band and have a repeater five feet from the controller. When I walk thru the steps in the app, I can get to the part where I enter my home network info, but can never get to the point where I can see the unit's hot spot. I don't have a pC so I can't connect via USB. Beyond frustrated. I don't want to have to buy a PC to connect to this device and I would prefer not setting up a third network just to run two fish tanks. I'm on the verge of sending the controllers back and selling the vortech controller that I bought from GHL without seeing that you can't send stuff back once shipped. Help please. BTW, I'm a networking novice.
 
Last edited:
Wanted to switch to GHL from Neptune because I was frustrated with Neptune Apex connectivity issues (which has been rock solid sense the GHL boxes showed up, go figure). Now I have spent multiple hours trying to get the Profilux mini to connect to my wifi network and no dice. I have Verizon Fios as ISP and an Asus Zen Wifi AX system. I stopped trying to connect to the Asus system given others issues with mesh networks and ghl devices. I have spent a good portion of this afternoon trying to get the mini to connect to my 2.4ghz band on my Fios network. I disabled the 5ghz band and have a repeater five feet from the controller. When I walk thru the steps in the app, I can get to the part where I enter my home network info, but can never get to the point where I can see the unit's hot spot. I don't have a pC so I can't connect via USB. Beyond frustrated. I don't want to have to buy a PC to connect to this device and I would prefer not setting up a third network just to run two fish tanks. I'm on the verge of sending the controllers back and selling the vortech controller that I bought from GHL without seeing that you can't send stuff back once shipped. Help please. BTW, I'm a networking novice.
Can this be deleted please. I moved it to the GHL forum. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new