GHL Set Up Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shawnriv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a GHL Doser 2.0 from a R2R member and am having issues setting it up. It didn't come with the USB drive so using a computer isn't an option. The previous owner recommended just using the app instead of setting up with a computer. I went ahead and downloaded the app, registered, and then tried adding the doser using it's internal wifi has directed on the GHL manual website. I took a video (link below) of me using the app and maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. Wish I could help. Ghl programming is a challenge to say the least. Have 2 mitras lx7 and a profilux 4. Pulling my hair out right now trying to figure it out!!!!!

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to get them to recognise each other. Have the plm-pwc card installed. Can't find a lick of info on how to put all that together software wise.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While you have selected the WiFi if the device on your iPhone. Are you sure the device in the app is using that WiFi.
abea437f231e5d39cb661f3b7447ba55.png

Tap on the settings for the device and check to see if it is using the GHL device WiFi settings.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/software/ghl-connect-app/

Also a great resource is the GHL video channel on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOE8KkEuX_oDKMCph9GwPA

Last edited:

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@shawnriv - never tried this sorry.

@Scdell - what are you trying to do with the P4 and the lx7?
Just trying to get them to recognise each other. Have the plm-pwc card installed. Can't find a lick of info on how to put all that together software wise

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Shawriv - Sorry your having issues.

Once you have the PLC Card installed you set your Mitras to Slave Mode. inside the P4 check the channel number of the PLC and I believe you match it to the P4.

On the back of the unit the LED should blink (PLC card).

Are yours Mitras and the P4 on the latest software also?

OP
OP
shawnriv

shawnriv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto is my go to GHL guy @Marco@GHLUSA @Vinny@GHLUSA can hopefully chime in as well

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious Ditto

Yes, definitely. I'm hoping at least one of them will be able to help me tomorrow.

Just trying to get them to recognise each other. Have the plm-pwc card installed. Can't find a lick of info on how to put all that together software wise.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the plm-pwc card is. Is this something else I need to buy? The person I purchased it from said nothing else was needed.

OP
OP
shawnriv

shawnriv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Shawriv - Sorry your having issues.

Once you have the PLC Card installed you set your Mitras to Slave Mode. inside the P4 check the channel number of the PLC and I believe you match it to the P4.

On the back of the unit the LED should blink (PLC card).

Are yours Mitras and the P4 on the latest software also?

Hey Ditto,

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you mean in regards to Mitras to Slaved Mode? PLC and P4? ;Bucktooth

Is this something on the actual GHL doser I need to do?

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ditto,

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you mean in regards to Mitras to Slaved Mode? PLC and P4? ;Bucktooth

Yes all that is right. Think I figured it out. Had to assign each mitras to #2 and #3 respectively. As per is #1.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ditto,

Sorry, the PLM-PWC card is what you need (sorry spell checker).

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you have to set up the wifi connection using GCC with the doser 2 and usb first? Just like the p4 and 2.1 doser? Pretty sure you won't be able to connect to it until you enter in your wifi info into the doser using this method. Once it's setup, then you can use the app.

Maybe I'm wrong? But have no idea how to do it any other way.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@shawnriv
What was the error message @ 1:28 it looks like it stating the minimal Firmware is not on the device to support a direct connection?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the firmware on the doser needs to be updated to use the GHL connect app. At least that's what the error behind the first error looks like. You don't need to log into myGHL to just use the connect app with a Doser SA

OP
OP
shawnriv

shawnriv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the firmware on the doser needs to be updated to use the GHL connect app. At least that's what the error behind the first error looks like. You don't need to log into myGHL to just use the connect app with a Doser SA

How do I "connect app with a Doser SA?"

OP
OP
shawnriv

shawnriv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@shawnriv
What was the error message @ 1:28 it looks like it stating the minimal Firmware is not on the device to support a direct connection?

I thought the same too. I just don't know how to update it without entering my login information that doesn't seem to work which is strange since it works on the myGHL website.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well with your iPhone on the GHL WiFi access point
Go to the network tap of the connect app
a11bc9d5d4c4e88f2d37c9617873d2f5.png

When you want to turn on the GHL access point with the toggle button.
1a5fc619b0e3d170289c8f04b2c35f29.png

I would then relaunch the Connect App the delete the device and reset it up.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back