Ghosts in my Profilux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird things going on.
I have my switches 9-12 assigned to turn off my Vortech pumps at 3 different feeding times. (Timer3) However once every hour these same switches shut off for 5min. I don’t have anything that could be doing this programmed like this.. weird.

Last edited:

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help us help you. :)

As @Ditto mentioned, please post some screenshots so we can see if anything needs to be changed in the settings.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, when I wrote this I meant to add screen shots but passed out on the sofa.. Very tired at the time. Also I got my switch numbers wrong. Really doesn't matter which switches it was I guess but what does matter is all 4 of my powerheads shut off and then turn on at non set times. Also this is on the Powerbar I can see the blue lights for those switches shutting off, while 2 others stay on (7&8).

At one point I thought maybe it was a thermal shut down on the powerbar. But I figured that would effect either the entire powerbar or just a single switch. Since this happens to the same 4 switches at the same time I figure I can eliminate that.

So it has me wondering if it's a firmware issue. I'm using 7.23

Screen shots below.

switches.jpg

Switch9.jpg
Timer3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I'm not to worried about opening a Ticket.. The problem isn't so bad that it's ending my tank. Also I'm thinking it might be a firmware problem. So waiting on the firmware that will have the ION when I go to install the ION on my system.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not use the standard feed pause feature?
You don't need to directly assign the sockets to the timer function and invert them. There's an easier way to do that. :)

1. Go to feed pause settings and select a feed pause
2. Set this FP to react to the desired timer
3. Go to the switch channels page and set that socket to FILTER. The filter number you choose will depend on what feed pause you used in the first step.

Give that a try and see if the same odd behavior occurs.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not use the standard feed pause feature?
You don't need to directly assign the sockets to the timer function and invert them. There's an easier way to do that. :)

1. Go to feed pause settings and select a feed pause
2. Set this FP to react to the desired timer
3. Go to the switch channels page and set that socket to FILTER. The filter number you choose will depend on what feed pause you used in the first step.

Give that a try and see if the same odd behavior occurs.
LOL... Because I didn't know I could do things that way.... To be honest my method works as it's supposed to.. Just other spooky things happen too. I'll try yours and see what happens.

BUT, I also cycled power on the Profilux and Powerbar and the ghost has gone into hiatus that I can tell. Been to busy to sit and wait and see if it has fixed it.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also see in the feed pause I can set the duration of the event. And also see that what ever duration I select in feed pause it is added to the end of the timer. So if I have the timer set for 10min, and feed pause for 10min I end up with a 20min pause.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to add to this post. I had another odd thing happen. But I was able to see what is going on just no idea why.

Some of my timer functions are causing my Feed filter assigned switches to shut off. The odd thing is neither is tied to the other. I have a support ticket in with GHL.

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After updating firmware on the expansion box I have not had any further issues.

Mattias believes it was interference related - and the most recent firmware for the expansion box added a delay or timer to help circumvent interference related problems.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running 7.23 for firmware on the Profilux which I understand is the latest.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would appear that my Feed filter settings had these timers assigned to them... So odd behavior like I had .. check those Feed Filter settings and see what timers are assigned.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 110 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back