Giesemann Aurora & ATI Powermodule Users - Need Advice/Feedback

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
2,567
Reaction score
4,412
Location
Normal, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for some feedback on these fixtures and have some general T5 questions. I jumped back into the reef hobby a couple of years ago after a 16 year absence. I dove right in with LED lighting after having T-12 VHO's back in the day. So I have zero experience with T5 or even remember much of the characteristics of the T-12's when I had them. I love the idea of a hybrid fixture, so that's why I have limited it to these two units.

These both look to be great fixtures and I have a couple of questions:

  • What is the spread like at the end of a T5 fixture? I have a 5 foot tank... do I need 60" bulbs or would a 48" fixture give me the full coverage that I want?
  • The 60" ATI fixture says it's not dimmable, but the Giesemann makes no mention that their 60" fixture isn't dimmable... hoping to get some feedback on those that own it.
  • Any other feedback on these fixtures would be great. It looks as though the Giesemann software may be easier to use!?!
 
My understanding is the ATI 60" fixture has 80 watt non-dimmable bulbs, and the 59" Aurora fixture has 54 watt dimmable bulbs (same bulbs as the 48" Aurora fixture).

And you have to have a computer hooked up with USB to the ATI to use the software I believe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new