Giesemann Aurora LED T5 Hybrid Fixture

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if you can reset the Aurora? Tonight it decided to randomly turn itself off. Thought it may have something to do with my Apex, so I️ plugged it into as separate outlet. It came on for about 15 minutes, then turned back off. Can’t find anyone else that has experienced this. Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated! It has not been a happy tank week. Apex controller acting up. Not turning heater on or off, return pump shut down, which caused the skimmer to overflow all over the sump. Inside of my cabinet ( I️ have the reefer 425xl) is trashed. I️m going to have to drain the sump and pull it out so I️ can clean out all the junk that sprayed all over the interior. Can’t do that because I️’m 3 weeks post op. Had surgery on foot. They had to break a bone and put pins in it to straighten out. So yea, bad tank week [emoji20]

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and after updating my Iphone, these weird ? marks in squares are showing up (see post above)

Viperdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having trouble programming my Aurora lights. I do everything it says...transfer the data and it says it was successfull. But the lights don't come on and follow the schedule. They only come on when I use the manual mode. Does anyone have info or insight on this? Any help is appreciated.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having trouble programming my Aurora lights. I do everything it says...transfer the data and it says it was successfull. But the lights don't come on and follow the schedule. They only come on when I use the manual mode. Does anyone have info or insight on this? Any help is appreciated.
Can you send screen shots showing step by step of what you're doing from the start?

Viperdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In just got back in town. Will upload some screen shots today or tomorrow. I am programming them through my android phone app. When I program each channel in the daycycle tab, I hit transferred, then confirm it uploaded successfully. But the lights don't come on unless I go into manual (or color mixture) tab and turn them off.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah...you need to make all your changes then save them then transfer.

Viperdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What saves them? The tabs I have across the top are
1. Channel drop down menu
2. Default 1
3. Defalut 2
4. Move
5. Reset
6. Buffer Memory
7. Call up Data
8. Transferred
9. Preview

If I 'Call up data', it brings up what I programmed. But the lights don't come on.

Viperdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i just got them working. I unplugged them for a minute and it reset them. They appear to be working. Thanks for the help!

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i just got them working. I unplugged them for a minute and it reset them. They appear to be working. Thanks for the help!
Great. I've not used my andriod app in over a year and couldn't get it to connect.

Domo008

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced 5 Aqua Illumination Primes with a 48" Aurora... over a 60" tank. The first thing I noticed was FAR better coral growth. Also 100% coverage. Even when the fish are right up next to the glass, the viewing side of them is illuminated. Likewise, it seemed as though the tops of my corals were illuminated nicely with the Primes, but not so much on the sides of the corals... the T5's really take care of that issue.

I'm using the hanging kit and it just looks like it's floating there... it truly is a beautiful piece. Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

IMG_6805 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr
Can you share your light schedule and what type of t5s bulbs

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back