Giesemann Aurora User Thread

MrSkumfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you suspending your fixture from the ceiling. How tall are your ceilings? I'm curious about the length of the suspension wires. My reefer 250 will be 55" tall, once it's on the stand. My ceilings are 10'. Will this workout?

Last edited:

cpap0802

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone knows what is the password to connect to the fixture via Bluetooth? Thank you!
Aurora.PNG

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trying to remember. I think...if you look at the front page of the booklet there's an ID #. I think I read it was the last 8 digits of that number.

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find this in the guide or a clear definition of the difference between #all and Master when setting the daycycle. Anyone know? Using the android app.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find this in the guide or a clear definition of the difference between #all and Master when setting the daycycle. Anyone know? Using the android app.

Good question...I've always just selected all.

MrSkumfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinion?

I made some 3/4" conduit hangers and painted it black. I have some left over grey from the walls. Should I paint the conduit grey, in attempt to camouflage the pipe?

Thanks in advance

9sticknate (YouTube)

image.jpg

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed my Aurora approximately a month and a half ago on November 15. Today I noticed that both outside T5 lamps are not working :mad: (White/Red channel on the Futura BT software). I tried turning them on with the color mixer with no luck. Completely dead. Any suggestions before I call BRS for warranty info when they reopen from the holidays?

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear that...I've not seen any issues like that.

Caliwagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also want to note that there are a couple of different "black" finishes that get shipped out. I haven't confirmed why yet, but there clearly is. @Jimbo662 has a textured, matte charcoal finish on his, while mine has a glossy charcoal finish. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but he purchased his from BRS, while mine came from Premium Aquatics... which both of them get them from Coral Vue. His is a smaller unit also. So I don't know if it's a change they made along the line or what. So if you want the finish one way or the other, you better ask the place you get it from which finish it will have.

I got mine from BRS and have the matte charcoal finish. 48" fixture.

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed my Aurora approximately a month and a half ago on November 15. Today I noticed that both outside T5 lamps are not working :mad: (White/Red channel on the Futura BT software). I tried turning them on with the color mixer with no luck. Completely dead. Any suggestions before I call BRS for warranty info when they reopen from the holidays?

Called BRS this morning and was told I have to go through Coralvue for warranty. I'll post my experience with Coralvue as this issue plays out.

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Called BRS this morning and was told I have to go through Coralvue for warranty. I'll post my experience with Coralvue as this issue plays out.

Quick update. I just got home to start the warranty process with Coralvue and noticed that the inner bank of lights (White/Green channel) is now dead!!!
For a month and a half of use and $2,200.00 i'm not impressed.

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. I just got home to start the warranty process with Coralvue and noticed that the inner bank of lights (White/Green channel) is now dead!!!
For a month and a half of use and $2,200.00 i'm not impressed.

For no apparent reason the inside T5 channels started working again about an hour ago, but the outside channels still do not work. So far Chris Conti at Coralvue has responded to my inquires in a timely fashion, but he is still waiting for a response from Giesemann. Wondering if this is safe to use. Malfunctioning electrical equipment hanging over salt water makes me nervous.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 30 16.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 50.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back