Giesemann Spectra T5 troubleshooting

VikS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have a Giesemann Spectra on my 72' peninsula. Great fixture. I bought it from a fellow reefer here who bought it directly from Germany about 2 years ago. (He did not really use the light)

Issue is that I have never been able to get the T5 working. The halides work well and I have added on reefbrite strips.

Here is the wiring pic for the halide: Out of the 5 wires, the leftover grey and the black are supposed to drive one set of the T5 (2 bulbs). I have plugged the combination of black and grey wire directly in the wall socket using a plug but that did not work. Am I supposed to use a transformer to step up the power from 220v to 110V for the T5 to work. Note that the halides are driven by Hamilton M80 and looking to switch to reefbrite ballasts.

I have also used new T5s just to make sure that bulbs are not the problem.

Hoping for somebody who owns the spectra to share some insight.

Also attaching the presumably 220V power supply that came with the fixture if that is helpful in anyway (ignore the wiring).

Thanks

tempImageVC9Wy7.png tempImage6W8qtA.png tempImageEbxZpL.png

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you email Giesemann? I have a few ASpectras and they just work, so I really have no idea how to help beyond this. They were helpful when I needed them. Be sure and send the photos.

When I trouble shot AquaMedic stuff before, I needed a voltmeter and traced the voltage to find out that some components were bad (usually ignitors).

OP
OP
V

VikS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you email Giesemann? I have a few ASpectras and they just work, so I really have no idea how to help beyond this. They were helpful when I needed them. Be sure and send the photos.

When I trouble shot AquaMedic stuff before, I needed a voltmeter and traced the voltage to find out that some components were bad (usually ignitors).
Thank you, so you plugged it directly to 120V and it worked, right?

I have heard that their support is not very helpful. But I just dropped a note to them too.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are US models with voltage converters in them already for the T5s. The ballasts were, of course, US ballasts too.

They have a language barrier, so the few times that I needed something I included photos and kept it simple. They were helpful. Mostly with parts and also with an order.

Back