Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Anyone using this light? Any thoughts on how I have them mounted? Should they be end to end?It's not easy to fine tune with the app should I use reef 1 or 2?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets get you some help:)

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still curious how people run the lighting schedule with this light? I’ve been running it on preset reef 1 for over a year now. I feel lighting is the one parameter I can keep constant but maybe this is too much light hours for my tank? I’ve been looking at the 4-8-4-8 light cycle but I would like to here more thoughts before I change too much.
1733C20E-D258-4F4E-8CF4-36B5D2010741.png

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had both lights in for repair twice now for LED’s burning out. CoralVue has been nice enough to fix them under warranty. I just got the master back today and the face plate is bent out and the toggle switch isn’t working. I’m sure they will fix it again but I want to know if anyone else is having problems with this light or is it just me?
B5BEE2D0-A2E5-46C7-BD33-A8CF14645EF4.jpeg

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have recommendations for new lights if I can’t get this working? 120 gallon fat boy with a canopy just for looks? I definitely like the full spectrum and the white looking lights and I like the idea of two separate lights so one can be sent in for repair.
946E4D4B-57B7-4F5C-B67F-377E5047CDE5.jpeg
Mixed reef but I want more Acropora.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two brand new mounts for this lights. I bought them to mount a couple of mitras, but went a different way. I'll let them go cheap if your interested. I don't think they make them anymore.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two brand new mounts for this lights. I bought them to mount a couple of mitras, but went a different way. I'll let them go cheap if your interested. I don't think they make them anymore.
I’m happy with the way I have them mounted just not happy having to send them in for repair so often and then getting them back broken. One time they repaired the slave and didn’t put all of the mounting nuts inside the light. I’ve never got the storm features to work properly. Just not happy with the lights in general. They look nice and grow corals ok but to many problems.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have recommendations for new lights if I can’t get this working? 120 gallon fat boy with a canopy just for looks? I definitely like the full spectrum and the white looking lights and I like the idea of two separate lights so one can be sent in for repair.

I’ve been very pleased with my ReeFi lights. https://www.reefi-lab.com/product/reefi-led-duo-extreme/

The Phillips CoralCare looks promising but it’s not coming out until August or so. ReefBreeders are a good choice as well.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I installed them around the beginning of February. Haven’t had any issues and @danlu_gt does a great job supporting his product. If you have any questions about them, I’m sure he’d be happy to answer.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I took some par readings and found under the slave I got 350 at the corals, under the master that just got repaired 190 at the corals. I can’t get ether light to respond to the toggle switch so I can’t get them to work together and I can’t adjust the slave at all. No response from CoralVue yet.
C3888209-52F9-4788-A846-8E8886B51B32.jpeg

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check to see if master, in this case gets hot, or, warmer/hotter than other unit. Should this be the case, likely fan out, then LEDs won't max out and run lower percentage than set. This happened to me, I am back to good ole ATI t5.

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have come to the conclusion those lights are trash! I had a pair that I could never get to work right.

slave would continually disconnect from the master. Got parts from Giesemann direct after continual run around from Coralvue had to install the parts myself.

Slave was 20% brighter than master and over heated 10-20 times a day because it was drawing 20% more power (fan worked but couldn't keep up and room was kept at 69-70f at all times). Giesemann would only repair it if I paid shipping to and from germany even though it was under warranty.

also the slave was super noisy unless it was running 100% if you dimmed the LED's it hummed like hell.

ABSOULTE TRASH! glad I got rid of them. I now run Reefbreeders and Im happy.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check to see if master, in this case gets hot, or, warmer/hotter than other unit. Should this be the case, likely fan out, then LEDs won't max out and run lower percentage than set. This happened to me, I am back to good ole ATI t5.
Both lights feel the same temp and fans are running about same. I did check the par within the first 5 minutes of running last night with the live controller all channels at 100% and thought it just might need to warm up so I let it run the schedule today and checked again same results.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have come to the conclusion those lights are trash! I had a pair that I could never get to work right.

slave would continually disconnect from the master. Got parts from Giesemann direct after continual run around from Coralvue had to install the parts myself.

Slave was 20% brighter than master and over heated 10-20 times a day because it was drawing 20% more power (fan worked but couldn't keep up and room was kept at 69-70f at all times). Giesemann would only repair it if I paid shipping to and from germany even though it was under warranty.

also the slave was super noisy unless it was running 100% if you dimmed the LED's it hummed like hell.

ABSOULTE TRASH! glad I got rid of them. I now run Reefbreeders and Im happy.
Wow I thought I was having bad luck sounds like you had it worse.

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both lights feel the same temp and fans are running about same. I did check the par within the first 5 minutes of running last night with the live controller all channels at 100% and thought it just might need to warm up so I let it run the schedule today and checked again same results.

Oh yeah and I wish you luck. I also had display issues.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had display issues, back light. Slave had burned out 4 diodes, and fan went out, so I got similar par results. All in all, when they worked, pretty decent light, but ZERO support in US. Coralvue shouldn't sell something they cannot properly support, bottom line! I used ti be in the industry and even know some of those guys, they wanted nothing to do with me. Also, bought Geissemann Stellar and couldn't get support on it, was actually going to use my one good verve in between, but brackets nowhere available for shortening unit, as my tank is 20". Light unit 22", with 10" gap between t5 banks. Shipped it back and replaced with ATI. I personally refuse to buy any products offered by Coralvue, very rude, and wanted nothing to do with me!
My rant, lol

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have additional warranty or purchase protection if you purchased with a credit card. Everyone's terms are different, but here's the gist of it https://thepointsguy.com/guide/best-cards-for-extended-warranty/

If the lights don't work and you are not getting resolution from the manufacturer or reseller, it may be something to look into.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back