Gigas Grow Out Thread

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEAUTIES! How big is the blue one? where'd you get it? I lost 7 blue squam a couple years ago to a ritteri anemone that got shredded. made me cry! all were about 4 to 6"..
one was 8"
Was it the sting or did the water foul? :( :(

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone is following my giga, it seems to have perished. It is still in my tank, but back to almost nothing. Poor thing tried so hard to come back. Not sure why it turned bad again as it was healing and recovering.

I am very sad as I had been growing this guy for a bit over 3.5yrs. Not very long, but it was thriving until I left. :anxious-face-with-sweat::confounded-face:

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone is following my giga, it seems to have perished. It is still in my tank, but back to almost nothing. Poor thing tried so hard to come back. Not sure why it turned bad again as it was healing and recovering.

I am very sad as I had been growing this guy for a bit over 3.5yrs. Not very long, but it was thriving until I left. :anxious-face-with-sweat::confounded-face:
Oh that's terrible. I hope it pulls through. What PAR is it under?

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, here’s my 2nd attempt at a gigas, the last one was an impulse buy and I didn’t realize it was already declining at the LFS. this one is growing explosively, already almost 1/2 inch of growth in just a month! Got him from petco for $40 believe it or not.

Attachments

• F9A39FE4-1A8E-4DDE-A83A-0F9EECD070F9.jpeg
    F9A39FE4-1A8E-4DDE-A83A-0F9EECD070F9.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 205

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, here’s my 2nd attempt at a gigas, the last one was an impulse buy and I didn’t realize it was already declining at the LFS. this one is growing explosively, already almost 1/2 inch of growth in just a month! Got him from petco for $40 believe it or not.
Wow. Did the Petco have it properly labeled?

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Did the Petco have it properly labeled?
they did not, but i asked the employees there and they told me it was a Derasa, they even checked their stocking list and it said it was a Derasa, so they sold it to me for Derasa price.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gigas, about 3-4 years old. It's now 11 inches across. Worrying he's not going to fit soon!

I was doing some work in the tank the other day and he got mad and squirted water straight out of the tank all over me!

gigas.jpeg
Gorgeous specimen. I knew they grow fast but wow.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back