Gigas Grow Out Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter hart24601
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
BEAUTIES! How big is the blue one? where'd you get it? I lost 7 blue squam a couple years ago to a ritteri anemone that got shredded. made me cry! all were about 4 to 6"..
one was 8"
Was it the sting or did the water foul? :( :(
 
In case anyone is following my giga, it seems to have perished. It is still in my tank, but back to almost nothing. Poor thing tried so hard to come back. Not sure why it turned bad again as it was healing and recovering.

I am very sad as I had been growing this guy for a bit over 3.5yrs. Not very long, but it was thriving until I left. :anxious-face-with-sweat::confounded-face:
 
In case anyone is following my giga, it seems to have perished. It is still in my tank, but back to almost nothing. Poor thing tried so hard to come back. Not sure why it turned bad again as it was healing and recovering.

I am very sad as I had been growing this guy for a bit over 3.5yrs. Not very long, but it was thriving until I left. :anxious-face-with-sweat::confounded-face:
Oh that's terrible. I hope it pulls through. What PAR is it under?
 
Hey guys, here’s my 2nd attempt at a gigas, the last one was an impulse buy and I didn’t realize it was already declining at the LFS. this one is growing explosively, already almost 1/2 inch of growth in just a month! Got him from petco for $40 believe it or not.
 

Attachments

  • F9A39FE4-1A8E-4DDE-A83A-0F9EECD070F9.jpeg
    F9A39FE4-1A8E-4DDE-A83A-0F9EECD070F9.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 297
Hey guys, here’s my 2nd attempt at a gigas, the last one was an impulse buy and I didn’t realize it was already declining at the LFS. this one is growing explosively, already almost 1/2 inch of growth in just a month! Got him from petco for $40 believe it or not.
Wow. Did the Petco have it properly labeled?
 
My gigas, about 3-4 years old. It's now 11 inches across. Worrying he's not going to fit soon!

I was doing some work in the tank the other day and he got mad and squirted water straight out of the tank all over me!

gigas.jpeg
 
My gigas, about 3-4 years old. It's now 11 inches across. Worrying he's not going to fit soon!

I was doing some work in the tank the other day and he got mad and squirted water straight out of the tank all over me!

gigas.jpeg
Gorgeous specimen. I knew they grow fast but wow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new