Gigas Grow Out Thread

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minh you going to need to get a bigger bucket.
I took a few things out, the Monti and the Squamosa to give it more room. Belive it or not, Alton, that bucket originally came from you. I think the last time I visit, you gave me that bucket and some SPS. I think it was the Blue-Green Acro at the corner of that second picture.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that I am late to the party getting one of these, but man do they grow fast... Hope that ORA can get some different parents and have another batch that looks different.

I wonder what is going to happen when all of these grow up...

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that I am late to the party getting one of these, but man do they grow fast... Hope that ORA can get some different parents and have another batch that looks different.

I wonder what is going to happen when all of these grow up...
You got to post a picture or two of your Gigas. It is a requirement.

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine today

0A2EB901-2417-402B-87C7-3D6D1D8CBFA6.jpeg

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a side note I don’t know if mine is going to make it or not. The bag leaked in shipping and when I got the wet box I knew there was a problem. The bag had very little water in so I decided to do the cut and dump. I snapped a quick picture of the bag with little to no water cut it open and put it in the tank. Tonight I noticed it’s starting to gap really bad. I hope it can pull through and make a full recovery.

D6B18979-FBF5-4DA3-80E3-E92EBC99E600.jpeg

Shigshwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a side note I don’t know if mine is going to make it or not. The bag leaked in shipping and when I got the wet box I knew there was a problem. The bag had very little water in so I decided to do the cut and dump. I snapped a quick picture of the bag with little to no water cut it open and put it in the tank. Tonight I noticed it’s starting to gap really bad. I hope it can pull through and make a full recovery.

You would be surprised, these Gigas clams seem to have more resiliency than the other species, the ones we got were gaping as wide as they could gape when they arrived. Thought that they would be goners, but they recovered within a week.

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be surprised, these Gigas clams seem to have more resiliency than the other species, the ones we got were gaping as wide as they could gape when they arrived. Thought that they would be goners, but they recovered within a week.
Yeah I just looked it this morning and it’s gaping so I hope it will recover after the stress

Shigshwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you're good, ours looked just as bad and made a full recovery

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well things are not looking to good for it. It has been looking like this for a couple of days now. I’m thinking pinched mantle maybe. I’m not 100% sure on it or not. There is no movement from it when I move my hand over it or pick it up. But every once and awhile I will see it close up and open back up.

AFE808A8-0FA0-43E1-9CA2-AB582DA9D278.jpeg

Mtnbikedan01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got two last week. Both looked awful, pale colors and gaping. One bag smelled terrible as well. After 4 days of little improvement I did a 30 minute fresh water dip and they looked even worse. I figured no way they would make it. Four more days later they are still holding on, starting to look better but still awful. My point is that these things are tough, so much stress on these little guys and they are holding on. Best of luck and don’t give up on them!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back