Gill Flukes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter alanvines
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alanvines

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could this be gill flukes? I've had the goby for about two weeks. It is the only fish in the tank. I noticed the gill was a bit pale and puffy when I unpacked it but hoped it was just an injury or shipping stress. The eye above the affected gill seems to have a semitransparent spot on it but I can't get a good look. It doesn't show up on pictures. Any help is appreciated.



20260829_101421.jpg
 
Could this be gill flukes? I've had the goby for about two weeks. It is the only fish in the tank. I noticed the gill was a bit pale and puffy when I unpacked it but hoped it was just an injury or shipping stress. The eye above the affected gill seems to have a semitransparent spot on it but I can't get a good look. It doesn't show up on pictures. Any help is appreciated.



20260829_101421.jpg

Both eyes have ulcers, not sure of the cause of that. Gill swelling like that isn't normally a sign of flukes, but can be a sign of copepod gill parasites.

Is the fish feeding normally?
 
Could this be gill flukes? I've had the goby for about two weeks. It is the only fish in the tank. I noticed the gill was a bit pale and puffy when I unpacked it but hoped it was just an injury or shipping stress. The eye above the affected gill seems to have a semitransparent spot on it but I can't get a good look. It doesn't show up on pictures. Any help is appreciated.



20260829_101421.jpg T
This is not flukes but rather a sign of infection which will require treatment in a separate tank using Seachem Neoplex
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new