Ginger for sick BTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter mechramc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mechramc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2024
Messages
16
Reaction score
3
Location
dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been having a very sick anemone for weeks now. For some reason, after multiple delays the Cipro that I ordered is getting delivered only next Thursday. Given the current condition of the BTA, with its mouth wide open hanging limp upside down, with some of its guts spilled out, I figured this one is not going to make it till then. As a long shot, I just put in some ginger powder in my 15 g nano tank - just a pinch. The next day, the anemone perked up and uprighted itself - it blew up a little bit, no tentacles - just the stalk. Its been day 3 of ginger powder sprinkling - I am not sure if it is that, or the BTA is making a recovery or is still dying slowly. But it is doing a tiny bit every day. So today instead of sprinkling the powder in the tank, I mixed it with tank water and took it in a syringe and injected it close to the BTA. To my surprise, it actually exhibited eating symptoms (which it has not done in 3 weeks now).

I still don't know if it will make it or not - but figured I will ask the experts. Has anyone else used ginger on anemones? I read some people used it for ich treatment. But if this works, it might work on sick anemones too? Any thoughts or any possible negative outcomes to this experiment? Clownfish and corals and inverts are all doing good.
 
I have heard of using ginger on a horse but they don’t use it for feeding?
 
Only a strictly controlled experiment would be of benefit. However, I find it an interesting idea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new