• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Glass Cages review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just found this post. I have a 215 stock Oceanic Ultimate DT. I was looking to upgrade my frag tank. I currently use a glass 20 gal long and contacted GC regarding a 48" x 12" x 12" acrylic frag tank. Nothing fancy....just a 1" bulkhead in the front. They are easily $100 less then other competitors. Obviously i don't want issues down the road, which no one can guarantee. Any opinions on their small acrylic frag tanks?
I saw a couple acrylic tanks they did when I got my 240 ( that leaked) and they were horrible.
Hopefully they do better now

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate all the conversations and honesty.

During October of 2019 there was a major transformation at Glass Cages.

Glass Cages Transformation:
  • Leadership Change
  • Quality Assurance with QA Check Points
  • Digital Production Tracking
  • Improved Customer Service
  • CAD drawing and approval processes
  • Major Investments in Fabrication Equipment
  • Polished Edges are now standard on all builds

We are not stopping with these improvements. Please see our reviews after October 2019 on Facebook, google and Reef2Reef. We have asked our new customers to share the truth. Knowing the truth allows us to reinforce the good and correct our challenges.

I am so excited and proud of our Glass Cages Team. We look forward to hearing from you about how we can serve you better now in the future.

Glass Cages Team

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

• Leadership Change

We are not stopping with these improvements. Please see our reviews after October 2019 on Facebook, google and Reef2Reef. We have asked our new customers to share the truth. Knowing the truth allows us to reinforce the good and correct our challenges.

I am so excited and proud of our Glass Cages Team. We look forward to hearing from you about how we can serve you better now in the future.

Glass Cages Team

So you are the gentleman that helped load the 12 foot tank on the uhaul?

i knew something was up. :)

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Glass Cages Team is all here including Tom. We are complementing each other’s strengths and focusing on giving our customers the best possible experience and product we can. Freshened up focus. We are energized to serve and learn what we can do better. Welcoming the feedback.

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

Shout out to Joe and crew at Glass Cages! Just purchased a 90g custom, and I could not be happier with the customer service and quality of the tank. I am somewhat local to them, so I picked up the tank directly from their location. When I got home, I realized there was small problem with the external overflow fitting correctly due to the euro bracing extending about an 1/8" too far. No one's fault as it was a template issue. I emailed Joe, and got a call back within an hour. He offered to pick up the tank (I'm about an hour from them) to fix the brace. It was picked up and ready to come back to me by the next day. On top of that, Joe sent the tank back with free glass tops! Stellar customer service goes a long way!

Oscar Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine last week and this thing is built like a tank.. This is going to look nice when I set it up.
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg

reefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing with my order was right or on time and Tom was one of the issues too. So not sure how you could change

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

Shout out to Joe and crew at Glass Cages! Just purchased a 90g custom, and I could not be happier with the customer service and quality of the tank. I am somewhat local to them, so I picked up the tank directly from their location. When I got home, I realized there was small problem with the external overflow fitting correctly due to the euro bracing extending about an 1/8" too far. No one's fault as it was a template issue. I emailed Joe, and got a call back within an hour. He offered to pick up the tank (I'm about an hour from them) to fix the brace. It was picked up and ready to come back to me by the next day. On top of that, Joe sent the tank back with free glass tops! Stellar customer service goes a long way!
@mpatient, Thanks so much for sharing your experience. We are incredibly focused on creating a new Glass Cages experience. I am so glad you noticed. That puts so much wind in the sails of our team. Thank you. We so love what we do and enjoy support you and others.

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine last week and this thing is built like a tank.. This is going to look nice when I set it up.
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg
Thanks so much for sharing Oscar. That was a fun one to build for you. Please share more pictures upon setup. Thanks again for your support and trust.

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing with my order was right or on time and Tom was one of the issues too. So not sure how you could change
@reefer513, I am so sorry to here about your experience. I believe that was not a recent experience. Pains me to hear. About a month or two ago I posted below and feel it necessary to share again. We are passionately focused on quality and customer experience improvement. Below outlines how we can change. Change we have and will continue to do. Listening to you and others gives us the opportunity to focus on areas of improvement. Thank you! Onward and Beyond!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Leadership Change

I am so excited and proud of our Glass Cages Team. We look forward to hearing from you about how we can serve you better now and in the future.

Simifasign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a well-documented horrible experience. It sounds like things have changed with this company since then. I even asked them about it. They addressed my concerns by telling me about the changes they have made to assure the delivery goes well. Also, responding to it if things do not. During my order I had to call them a couple of times and they always answered. The changes and requests were properly taken care of. The build was sturdy. Full 10mm low iron glass all the way around. Very square. No shabby seams or anything. I really like the stand too. Thick walls, quality hinges but the focus is on the tank here and communicating with the company. All that seems to be going very well. I would recommend calling them if you have any concerns and be bold and tell them what you are worried about to prevent a bad experience.
150295964_103878875078166_4363191139753638308_o.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That is a well-documented horrible experience. It sounds like things have changed with this company since then. I even asked them about it. They addressed my concerns by telling me about the changes they have made to assure the delivery goes well. Also, responding to it if things do not. During my order I had to call them a couple of times and they always answered. The changes and requests were properly taken care of. The build was sturdy. Full 10mm low iron glass all the way around. Very square. No shabby seams or anything. I really like the stand too. Thick walls, quality hinges but the focus is on the tank here and communicating with the company. All that seems to be going very well. I would recommend calling them if you have any concerns and be bold and tell them what you are worried about to prevent a bad experience.
150295964_103878875078166_4363191139753638308_o.jpg
My 360 g was a glass cages and Very well built

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought used, seams are great, glass is clear, filled her up on newyears eve, after having it on dollies for 6months. Built my own steel stand. Its a 400gal, 1 of 6 tanks in my 1200gal +system im building.
Currently theres about 50 snails 20 peppermint shrimp and 6 mollies in it. The rock was in a 300g tote, dosed bacteria and pods for 8 months. I got off topic a bit, but figured id add context to the photos.

Attachments

• 20210118_200537.jpg
    20210118_200537.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210206_151857.jpg
    20210206_151857.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20201231_233249.jpg
    20201231_233249.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 62
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back