• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Glass Cages review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know there are mixed emotions and reviews regarding company above. Besides getting tank delivered when I expected, the tank came perfect to what I ordered and expected. Very nice drill holes, 1/2” glass and very well made. I, unlike others got very nice seems and the tank is very sturdy. For anyone who isn’t an insane hobbiest, this Is a great tank for the price. I would order another and recommend them to others. Like I said, this is MY opinion and had a rather good experience. I ordered the 48x18x21 rimless.

AA16C6F3-DDA6-4459-9918-73F4FE4C2CA8.jpeg

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank for the info. I have been eyeballing their 500g 8long tank for a while. Since I added a archillies in a established blue powder tang territory (don't worry they get along after a day of battling I got the magic touch with tangs). I have been hesitant because of all stories online. Keep us update with this tank.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually drove there to pick up a tank a month ago and it was pretty neat seeing the process of glass tank building and their acrylic tanks also. The difference in grades of glass are crazy, you can get expensive quick by just changing glass grades. Overall my tank was very nice plus all the tanks that I saw being built including a few 8’ monsters were all flawless. Only thing that threw me off was the place was literally just about a barn lol. Not saying it was bad but it just took me back cause I had a different picture in my head what a tank manufacturer would look like

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually drove there to pick up a tank a month ago and it was pretty neat seeing the process of glass tank building and their acrylic tanks also. The difference in grades of glass are crazy, you can get expensive quick by just changing glass grades. Overall my tank was very nice plus all the tanks that I saw being built including a few 8’ monsters were all flawless. Only thing that threw me off was the place was literally just about a barn lol. Not saying it was bad but it just took me back cause I had a different picture in my head what a tank manufacturer would look like

Less overhead= more profit :)

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 200gal built 4 years ago and love it.i found no issues with any part of it.i did however have a friend that received a 300 with a chip near the base in the back. he did not notice it until the delivery truck left.he contacted them but they said they were not responsible sense it should have been inspected as soon as it came off the truck.luckly for him he has never had an issue with it.so unwrap and it inspect it before the truck rolls back to Georgia.

Dainese954

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a 75 built by them years ago, honestly it was better than the planet aquarium tank I paid more than 2 times for. The details on that tank was flawless. They will be the ones I recommend to all my friends that has a build in mind.

Ryan Kouns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know im a little behind on this thread lol but this makes me feel good about my purchase im getting ready purchase a 120 with low iron on the front and sides. They are even going to drill the tank for my 16" Synergy overflow

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my tank over 6 years now. No issues. Had a little issue with silicone but nothing a razor blade couldn’t take care of. If you looked at it now you wouldn’t be able to tell.

kenle74

Reefescape
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spent the past 3 months of hell dealing with Glasscages so I want to add my experience here for perspective. I ordered a 350-gallon glass tank from them in May. They promised delivery in mid June, but when I called in mid-June, they just received the glass sheets. I finally got my tank in late July. The tank arrived with a broken bottom. The tank packaging is beyond flimsy. A heavy glass tank was placed on a warehouse wooden palate, tied by 2 loose plastic cords, and covered by a cardboard box. See the attached pictures if you don't believe that an aquarium manufacturer can be that careless and stupid. I bought my last tank (675 gallon) from Fishtanksdirect, which is acrylic. And it was shipped in a custom-made wooden box.

C93C18E1-9DFC-4965-BCB5-A81AFEEC4AA4.jpeg
IMG_0558.JPG

After my call, they sent me an email stating that they will replace my tank for free. I had asked them to drill holes for my custom overflow so I had to send them my template. Despite FedEx confirmation that Glasscages signed for it, they lost the template. Afterward, I had to pay for another template, and mailed it to them. Then I heard nothing for more than a month. My assistant called them, and now they said that they only will replace the tank if I pay (but with a discount). It is a crime that such a shady company is still in business.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spent the past 3 months of hell dealing with Glasscages so I want to add my experience here for perspective. I ordered a 350-gallon glass tank from them in May. They promised delivery in mid June, but when I called in mid-June, they just received the glass sheets. I finally got my tank in late July. The tank arrived with a broken bottom. The tank packaging is beyond flimsy. A heavy glass tank was placed on a warehouse wooden palate, tied by 2 loose plastic cords, and covered by a cardboard box. See the attached pictures if you don't believe that an aquarium manufacturer can be that careless and stupid. I bought my last tank (675 gallon) from Fishtanksdirect, which is acrylic. And it was shipped in a custom-made wooden box.

C93C18E1-9DFC-4965-BCB5-A81AFEEC4AA4.jpeg
IMG_0558.JPG

After my call, they sent me an email stating that they will replace my tank for free. I had asked them to drill holes for my custom overflow so I had to send them my template. Despite FedEx confirmation that Glasscages signed for it, they lost the template. Afterward, I had to pay for another template, and mailed it to them. Then I heard nothing for more than a month. My assistant called them, and now they said that they only will replace the tank if I pay (but with a discount). It is a crime that such a shady company is still in business.
Wow that's terrible i almost bought one from them. I had tankmeusa.com build mine i really like it

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back