• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Glass Cages review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4k price difference! Even with an increase of 1k for holes, overflows shipping ect, its still 3k difference.
Glascages told me all their tanks are going to low iron at no added price last time i spke to them. I assume the planet is low iron also.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. I didnt see a size posted, sorry. Did you compare the prices?

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not knocking GC, I was just impressed that planet was so cheap on the size tank I wanted and got.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the 96x30x25 from planet was $100 cheaper than GC.
Actually those are the 2 i posted. Planet is 7800.00
Glasscages is 3800.00
I dont see where your coming up with a 100.00 difference let alone the planet being cheaper? Please give details

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You posted the 450, I have the 310 and with internal overflow not peninsula, reg glass because their glass is not that green versus GC standard tanks and it comes with plastic overflows, not an adder like GC. Planet also uses crystal clear glass versus green for cross braces. I have unloaded and helped friends move GC tanks. Built like a tank, but usually green glass and silicone that doesn’t look great, and they charge more for black silicone. Normally cheapest tank on the market. But not this time

Last edited:

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You posted the 450, I have the 310 and with internal overflow not peninsula, reg glass because their glass is not that green versus GC standard tanks and it comes with plastic overflows, not an adder like GC. Planet also uses crystal clear glass versus green for cross braces. I have unloaded and helped friends move GC tanks. Built like a tank, but usually green glass and silicone that doesn’t look great, and they charge more for black silicone. Normally cheapest tank on the market. But not this time
Well i posted their whole sheet, the one closest to is is 2100ish i believe, what was the cost of yours? Also the price sheet says black silicone standard. And they told my the low iron is standard ? I have a miracles in glass rimless low iron 320 that cost way more then glass cages. So i am not a fanboy or anything.
Since your adamant yours was so much less post your receipt

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I listed options

C35E231B-FA39-4F16-A0D0-0F24A8663678.png

Oscar Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I requested a quote. Just spoke with GC over the phone and confronted them about their reviews. She told me that no one is perfect. They have workers come in and go all the time so I am guessing lack of training when it comes to finishing touches. She also told me about leaks that company recommends 3 to 4 weeks curing before adding water. Also if its broken during shipping not to receive it and they will send it back to get fix.

Moreover, they offer me a %10 off if I bull the trigger at that moment. I told her I had to think about it. I think it was a little awkward because I asked her about the bad reviews. I will call next Monday Dec 2nd because they may be having a bigger discount.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I requested a quote. Just spoke with GC over the phone and confronted them about their reviews. She told me that no one is perfect. They have workers come in and go all the time so I am guessing lack of training when it comes to finishing touches. She also told me about leaks that company recommends 3 to 4 weeks curing before adding water. Also if its broken during shipping not to receive it and they will send it back to get fix.

Moreover, they offer me a %10 off if I bull the trigger at that moment. I told her I had to think about it. I think it was a little awkward because I asked her about the bad reviews. I will call next Monday Dec 2nd because they may be having a bigger discount.
Yes they are very upfront and honest from my experience with calls and emails. The guy from reef savvy was on brs not long ago. He had good things to say about his competitor, glass cages. He also talked about having occasional flaws in finish on his own product which is a big step up in price.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you may be local to me so if you do pull the trigger let me know id love to get to see it. Also the weeks of curing befor filling is a common suggestion even on mass produced tanks. May ask about reinforced/armored joints. Miracles in glass and reef savvy do this. If you pm me on fb i can send pics of what im taling about on my 330gal.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup im an admin on the sareef addict's
Robert.

editour2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this post. I have a 215 stock Oceanic Ultimate DT. I was looking to upgrade my frag tank. I currently use a glass 20 gal long and contacted GC regarding a 48" x 12" x 12" acrylic frag tank. Nothing fancy....just a 1" bulkhead in the front. They are easily $100 less then other competitors. Obviously i don't want issues down the road, which no one can guarantee. Any opinions on their small acrylic frag tanks?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back