Glass cleaner

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

What is everyone using to clean their glass.

  • Floaty flipper

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Flipper Edge

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Tunze Care

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • MagFloat

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Stick scraper

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Magic eraser

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 3 11.5%

  • Total voters
    26

cba191

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
953
Location
salt lake city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first tank came with a magfloat. I added the blade. I then got a flipper float. I'm needing another cleaner and am debating the edge and the tunze now.
 
Last edited:
I used to use the Flipper Edge with the dual metal blades. That resulted in my scratching my glass on occasion. I have since switched to the Tunze Care magnet and only use the plastic blades. No noticeable scratches in the first six months so far!
 
I used to use the Flipper Edge with the dual metal blades. That resulted in my scratching my glass on occasion. I have since switched to the Tunze Care magnet and only use the plastic blades. No noticeable scratches in the first six months so far!

I run the plastic blades. Have yet to see a scratch on three tanks I use them on. The metal blades are the issue. Been using them for about 6 months now no issues. The plastic blades get wrecked before putting in a scratch. Whereas the metal ones do the opposite.
 
Tunze is what I used!
 
I have tried them all and have settled on one that I don't think a lot of people use, the Maxspect Refine. Has a built in blade sharpener and works with glass up to 1" thick.
 
I mostly use my Tunze magnet day to day, so I voted that. I do also use a Flipper platinum with the metal blade (the plastic blades don't do much) and occasionally a magic eraser when I really need to get in there.
 
What are the opinions of the Tunze vs the edge? I've got 1/2" glass.

Two tanks with 1/2 glass the edge is solid. Just don’t do the metal blades. I can little see the damage that the plastic blades take that would have cause a scratch with the metal blades I don’t use anything with metal on glass. But I also do not let my glass look like an algae jungle! Just me!
 
Last edited:
Harbor Freight:
1000026166.png

Yeah, my hands get wet. I have towels.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new