OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back and bottom are on. I don't have pics because I'm out of town for a conference this week. Next week I'll add the sides. Then I need to start thinking about the front and what finish to use. Since the room is light and airy, I'd like to use a pale finish. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. I just ordered the glass-holes 700 overflow and return kits. I also got an ato reservoir. Next steps are waterproofing the inside of the stand and adding some space on either side for electrical and other supplies. The plan is a 6" wide wood frame on each end for a little extra space. This will give me room to add an apex later and also store testing kits, etc. I'm in the midst of planning the sump area and the plumbing down to the smallest detail so there are no surprises down the road!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The conference is done and over with....you're home now.....pictures!!! :D

Love the Glass-Holes. Great design, great little company. When I purchased mine....being a newbie, I talked to them multiple times. They custom cut the bulkheads for me. Can't beat that. I just envisioned these two engineers who run this company with a CNC machine in their garage, and these two guys just doing their thing.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Paul, here's your pic:
image.jpg

Back and bottom are on. Ato reservoir to the right of the sump.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would this kit be $170 when you can get both return/overflow for close to $100? I'm assuming the tubing that comes with it? Just trying to figure out the $70 difference.
The in and out kit includes the tubing and all the fittings. I bought the overflow and return kits separately for $125 because I'm planning to use PVC. The guys at glass-holes recommended buying it this way. Great customer service!

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would this kit be $170 when you can get both return/overflow for close to $100? I'm assuming the tubing that comes with it? Just trying to figure out the $70 difference.

EVERYTHING is included in the kit. All plumbing (your choice of tubing) drill bits, temp plates, plumbers tape, bulk heads, return nozzle of your choice, gaskets, lube, overflow box and a sweet piece of hard candy to chomp down on while drilling [emoji2] Great customer service!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WooHoo!!!! So what candy did you get....is that it in the red/green package?

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

Waterproofing done. Wood absorbs oil paint like a sponge!

Last edited:
OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to paint the stand white instead of use a stain. Can anyone recommend a good white paint for the skin? I'm assuming it should be oil, with a satin or semi-gloss finish. If I paint rather than stain, what's a good wood to use? I may use pre-primed beadboard on the sides. What does everyone recommend for the front?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 100 43.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 107 46.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.6%
Back