Glue Accelerator Tip

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
5,627
Reaction score
6,924
Location
Nashville NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really like the spray bottle the super glue accelerator comes in and wanted to be able to apply the accelerator directly to the glue joint. I know the accelerator is “safe”, however I would prefer to keep as much off the coral tissue as possible. It finally dawned on me to try a glass dropper bottle for application. I like this method so much better than the pump spray top that the brand I use is comes with. Sure there could be times when I may prefer to use the pump top but for working with frags and basic frag plugs/discs I’ll take the dropper any day.

The glass dropper bottles are pretty easy to find locally at pharmacies or AMAZON has smaller packs of two for $8.49

Thought I’d share the idea since it works so well for me and I didn’t get any results when I tried searching the forum about it.

D98A0C90-7B87-471D-96CC-2062A30D93F2.jpeg
08BB6AC9-4C3A-4755-AEA4-947367C38A3D.jpeg
 
That’s a great idea actually!
I’m not too worried about over spraying, but sometimes I feel like a more accurate method of applying would be better and less wasteful/messy.
I have an extra bottle with a dropper from some garlic additive that I can use.
Thanks for the tip!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new