Glue Accelerator Tip

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really like the spray bottle the super glue accelerator comes in and wanted to be able to apply the accelerator directly to the glue joint. I know the accelerator is “safe”, however I would prefer to keep as much off the coral tissue as possible. It finally dawned on me to try a glass dropper bottle for application. I like this method so much better than the pump spray top that the brand I use is comes with. Sure there could be times when I may prefer to use the pump top but for working with frags and basic frag plugs/discs I’ll take the dropper any day.

The glass dropper bottles are pretty easy to find locally at pharmacies or AMAZON has smaller packs of two for $8.49

Thought I’d share the idea since it works so well for me and I didn’t get any results when I tried searching the forum about it.

D98A0C90-7B87-471D-96CC-2062A30D93F2.jpeg
08BB6AC9-4C3A-4755-AEA4-947367C38A3D.jpeg

Dolphis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a great idea actually!
I’m not too worried about over spraying, but sometimes I feel like a more accurate method of applying would be better and less wasteful/messy.
I have an extra bottle with a dropper from some garlic additive that I can use.
Thanks for the tip!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back