Glue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rmckoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I use a small dab of gel based super glue.
 
This one, by FAR!
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 55
ICS- what many of our vendors also use
 
I've been using dollar store super glue gel, I have no clue what brand. I also use JB Waterweld because with out it my frags would sometimes come off
 
Used both of these before for attaching frags to plugs and works great out of water .
I tried the coralline colour epoxy .
but to be honest ...
it’s garbage.
Doesn’t stick most times .
image.jpg
 
I have tried super glue ( the cyano ones .
Work great for frags to plugs .
but not sure if it works under water .....

I don’t want to lift the 15lb rock out to stick 5 frags to it
Supposedly you can use it underwater. Put a small amount on the frag and then quickly submerge and attach it.
 
Dollar store is where I’ve always got it from .
But it’s runny , and I don’t think it works under water .
You have to use the Gel glue.
I commonly use the IO stick epoxy to make a seat that conforms to the shapes. It usually sticks well to the rock under water. Then I use the Gel/Thick CA glue to attach the frag to the epoxy seat.
 
Every frag on that wall is done with the glue I showed you. It connected in less than 10 secs.

it works 100%

AEABBD0B-B317-415C-8D84-541638425845.jpeg

Edit:I placed these all underwater.
 
Last edited:
You have to use the Gel glue.
I commonly use the IO stick epoxy to make a seat that conforms to the shapes. It usually sticks well to the rock under water. Then I use the Gel/Thick CA glue to attach the frag to the epoxy seat.
Hmm I like this idea never thought of that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new