GMK HELP

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never before have I seen a Zoa do this it almost looks as if it’s the Zoa is inside out. Does anyone now what this is and what it could be caused by or just GMK random bad luck.
C5F68C42-CB96-4618-AAE9-E4460FE5BA84.jpeg

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip it. Not much to lose at this point. Yes they can crash.

If you think it will survive a dip then dip it. I would probably just let it be from pics alone, it looks rough.
I hope it will pull through I might give it a light dip and let it rock. But it was open yesterday and looked like this today. Plus I got some pretty hard to keep corals doing well so I can’t imagine what it can be. I’m sending out a ICP in a week or two so maybe they could reveal some clues.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope it will pull through I might give it a light dip and let it rock. But it was open yesterday and looked like this today. Plus I got some pretty hard to keep corals doing well so I can’t imagine what it can be. I’m sending out a ICP in a week or two so maybe they could reveal some clues.
Zoas somethimes crash. Happened w some MJs 2 x before this third frag. Fingers x. Sry working w a phone and they on back glass.
BFAFE0AF-9C87-46D6-B25F-7B0AEA73768C.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Never before have I seen a Zoa do this it almost looks as if it’s the Zoa is inside out. Does anyone now what this is and what it could be caused by or just GMK random bad luck.
C5F68C42-CB96-4618-AAE9-E4460FE5BA84.jpeg
Are you keeping these under low white , heavy blue lighting? Looks like its expelling zooxanthellae which is its color and energy source due to low light and may or may not make it. I would if you are going to dip try 3% peroxide first before actual dips or iodine.

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if it would cause Zoas to be that unhappy, but in my tank of bubble algae get close to zoa the bubble algae would eventually win without my intervention.
3% hydrogen peroxide is great for most types of algae but not sure of effectiveness against bubble algae
GMK beautiful Zoas, if they die u can cop some predator Zoas, they look very similar for much less money
Best of luck to you

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas somethimes crash. Happened w some MJs 2 x before this third frag. Fingers x. Sry working w a phone and they on back glass.
BFAFE0AF-9C87-46D6-B25F-7B0AEA73768C.jpeg

Are you keeping these under low white , heavy blue lighting? Looks like its expelling zooxanthellae which is its color and energy source due to low light and may or may not make it. I would if you are going to dip try 3% peroxide first before actual dips or iodine.

I am not sure if it would cause Zoas to be that unhappy, but in my tank of bubble algae get close to zoa the bubble algae would eventually win without my intervention.
3% hydrogen peroxide is great for most types of algae but not sure of effectiveness against bubble algae
GMK beautiful Zoas, if they die u can cop some predator Zoas, they look very similar for much less money
Best of luck to you
Yeah ive came to the conclusion that the zoa is spitting its guts out basically I found a few older forums where joshporksandwich recommended doing a dip in very cold saltwater to make it pull its stomach back in and give it a better chance to survive. I'm gonna o that and a little revive too just in case anything is on the actual zoa and if it doesn't work i gonna go get some iodine and other dips.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back