Goby and Saddleback

Eve

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
415
Reaction score
580
Location
Connecticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys, so I know saddleback fishies are aggressive or at least semi aggressive. Lately, I have been noticing that the saddleback has been bothering the goby and pistol shrimp, but not attacking the goby, just getting next to him and just swimming around him. However, the saddleback it is attacking the shrimp. It is weird. I recorded a video. Also, the goby has been swimming around the tank, leaving the shrimp by himself for like 10 minutes.. is this normal?

 
Last edited:
Okay guys, so I know saddleback fishies are aggressive or at least semi aggressive. Lately, I have been noticing that the saddleback has been bothering the goby and pistol shrimp, but not attacking the goby, just getting next to him and just swimming around him. However, the saddleback it is attacking the shrimp. It is weird. I recorded a video. Also, the goby has been swimming around the tank, leaving the shrimp by himself for like 10 minutes.. is this normal?

Part of the dominance issues with clowns is that they establish hierarchies with other clowns, but this also can turn into a fixation on other animals or corals so attacking the shrimp is unfortunate but not surprising. I'm not sure about the goby/shrimp connection.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new