Goby and shrimp pair for a 16 gallon

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 16 gallon biocube with only a four stripe damsel in it. He’s old so eventually he’ll pass on me. When he does can I get by with a shrimp and goby pair in a tank this small? Any suggestions on the goby? I’m going with a candy cane pistol since the LFS only gets MASSIVE tigers when they get tigers. And I like my corals low on my rockwork.
 
I have a pistol and a goby pair in my 20 gal drop off. I don't think he's every bothered any of the snails in there. But he did bury and kill a couple acans
 
I have a pistol and a goby pair in my 20 gal drop off. I don't think he's every bothered any of the snails in there. But he did bury and kill a couple acans
He couldn’t be any worse than my old engineer goby lol. Dude was 18” long and basically destroyed my tank every night
 
My Randal's pistol shrimps seriously excavate my tank EVERY night. It's how I know they are still in there lol. I got a goby for them but I think he may have given up his ghost!
 
The pistols I've had have never been seen targeting any thing else in the tank, except my jawfish who would not be welcome in his den, had scratches on him but they cool now
 
I’ve got a 16 gallon biocube with only a four stripe damsel in it. He’s old so eventually he’ll pass on me. When he does can I get by with a shrimp and goby pair in a tank this small? Any suggestions on the goby? I’m going with a candy cane pistol since the LFS only gets MASSIVE tigers when they get tigers. And I like my corals low on my rockwork.
yes, go with candy cane, and dont use a ywg but instead maybe a wheelers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new