Goby Compatibility

Maho.B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a goby compatibility question for those who may have kept these together. I currently have a Randalls Prawn goby (also called orange stripe goby) in my 90 gallon reef aquarium. He's been in the tank for about 6 months and is doing great, but is still quite shy and skeptical of me. When I walk in to view the tank he immediately retreats to the back area under some rock overhangs. My question, I would really like to add a Yasha Goby to this aquarium, would these two gobies be okay together? Also, side question, I have tried 3 candy cane pistol shrimp and all of them have ended up going through the overflow grates and into my Reef Mat. The overflow basically runs along the entire back of the tank, is there any trick I should know about stopping pistol shrimp from going overboard? Thanks in advance!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can't help with the compatability question but find it odd that the pistol shrimp end up in the overflow. I have kept them a few times and mine never left thier burrow except dig more or grab a piece of food. I wonder if there is a predator that is scaring or chasing the shrimp out if it's burrow?

OP
OP
Maho.B

Maho.B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply, I was scratching my head as well on the shrimp! Tank mates are:
- Royal Gramma
- 2 clowns
- Tailspot Blenny
- Randall's prawn goby
- Pygmy geometric hawkfish (he was added after any shrimp attempt)
- Gold stripe neoen cleaner goby

I wouldn't think any of those would bother a pistol shrimp? Thanks

Back