Goby Pistol pair

joeman829

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a yasha goby and tiger pistol from my lfs yesterday, they went separate ways yesterday but paired and burrowed earlier today. Haven’t seen my yasha goby and it hasn’t come out for any feedings. How long does it take for these guys to adjust? Tank is freshly cycled, only thing in it besides the pair is a emerald crab and small clown.

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are probably organizing their den and getting adjusted. Give it more time. They'll grow on you for sure. One of the coolest things you can put in a reef tank. also, shrimps usually encourage gobies to come out more since they are reclusice animals.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, give it time. Yesterday my wife called me in a small panic to tell me that Tom Petty (tiger pistol shrimp) lost a claw, but he was carrying it around and eating it? Still had both his claws (partial molt). Then he gave it to Jimi Hendrix (the YWG, he is left handed) who was using it for a pillow.

The sea is deep and mysterious!

OP
OP
J

joeman829

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are probably organizing their den and getting adjusted. Give it more time. They'll grow on you for sure. One of the coolest things you can put in a reef tank. also, shrimps usually encourage gobies to come out more since they are reclusice animals.
Ok cool. Was just wondering bc I saw the pistol moving sand and no goby.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image0 (7).jpeg

Look how the shrimp keeps his antennae laying on the YWG's back. Strange and mysterious nature.

OP
OP
J

joeman829

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, give it time. Yesterday my wife called me in a small panic to tell me that Tom Petty (tiger pistol shrimp) lost a claw, but he was carrying it around and eating it? Still had both his claws (partial molt). Then he gave it to Jimi Hendrix (the YWG, he is left handed) who was using it for a pillow.

The sea is deep and mysterious!
Lol pistol shrimps are awesome. I’ve wanted one for a while now and finally having one is great

OP
OP
J

joeman829

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image0 (7).jpeg

Look how the shrimp keeps his antennae laying on the YWG's back. Strange and mysterious nature.
I’ve heard of them doing this and when I saw the pistol out with no goby I was staring to get worried. He’s in the burrow somewhere

OP
OP
J

joeman829

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: goby and pistol are burrowed together, pistol is eating, goby is not. Anything to be concerned about?

caller89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a yasha goby and tiger pistol from my lfs yesterday, they went separate ways yesterday but paired and burrowed earlier today. Haven’t seen my yasha goby and it hasn’t come out for any feedings. How long does it take for these guys to adjust? Tank is freshly cycled, only thing in it besides the pair is a emerald crab and small clown.
Hate to say it ! It's gone , I don't care what anyone says , iv got a tiger pistol shrimp and I have purchased 4 gobies for him , they pair the same day , he guards the borrow , takes food down , then 24hours later the goby is gone no where to be seen.

This has happened with all 4 gobies within 24hours.

Rouge pistol shrimp ! Just like mine

miller75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see he has come out, they are our favourites. We currently have a Pinkspotted Shrimp Goby with 2 Pistol Shrimps all in the same home

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back