Goby Stuck in Rockwork

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 days ago I transferred my goby from my 25 to my 10 gallon and somehow when I wake up this morning, I find him stuck in this piece of rock. He’s still alive and breathing but he hasn’t made any attempt to get out. Also, the right side of his face/lower part of his eye seems to be pushed in.
How do I get him out?

ECE8B765-0C2B-4E07-9DE9-0DC4F8636639.jpeg
 
That looks tricky. I’d pry try to wedge something in a point on the rock to break apart, but trying to make sure pressure isn’t applied on goby just rock. I know tricky but if he is stuck I don’t know any other way. Good luck
 
honestly, i would give it a few days. 9 times out of 10, if the fish can get in there, he can get himself out. You could potentially to more harm than good trying to force it out. my gut tells me he's just hiding since he's in a new tank which is common. Is there something else in the tank that could be possibly showing aggression towards it, causing it to hide?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new