Gobys, gobys, gobys

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to get a goby for my nano tank but do not know which one to get. I world love it if you said your favorite type of goby and why it is your favorite type. pictures would be appreciated too

OP
OP
Woodchip

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to get a goby for my nano tank but do not know which one to get. I world love it if you said your favorite type of goby and why it is your favorite type. pictures would be appreciated too
I should add my top picks right now are the tiger watchman goby the green banded the high fin red band and the orange spotted

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my tangaroa goby. Awesome dude. If money was no option and it was available I’d go Dracula goby. Yasha gobies are cool but played out IMO. Get something different. Of course though, get what YOU think looks great.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta go two spot - small, moves lots of sand, hover type swimming motion, peaceful and easy to take care of, imo.

1612221726071.png

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my YWG. I got him originally because he was cheap and I wanted something to clean my sand. I did not see him for months. I thought he was dead. Then one day, he started peaking out at us. Now we call him "PeekAtChu" and he is our favorite fish. It's lie having a tiny yellow puppy in the tank. He comes out to say hi and goes about his business. He has more personality than fish worth 20 times as much.

LacViet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still trying to find my favorite goby for my Fluval Evo 14gal nano tank. I currently have Blue Neon goby, Court Jester, Green Clown goby, Yasha goby. Color wise and appearance, I like Yasha goby but mine is so shy and hiding a lot. Green clown goby is cool and chill but didn't swim much. I have to say so far, I like blue neon goby and court jester out of those 4. Blue neon goby perches on rock but swim around tank a lot and ready swim out and around tank to eat whenever food available. Court jester just swim around tank eating algae from rocks and sand. I can see him all the time.
B58363E4-9AC7-4FF9-8B67-828D5E8F8755.jpeg

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All gobies ae cool in their own way IMHO. I like the shrimp gobies and probably the most entertaining thing in my tank is my Wheeler's goby/Tiger shrimp pair. Bart and Ruger IV_edited.jpg

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my yasha goby. He looks so cool when he comes out to eat. But he spends most of his time in the burrows. So if you want a fish you see all the time. Yasha is probably not the beat bet even though they look amazing. Bad pick cause he’s hard to snap.

Attachments

• 7109F477-E497-411F-8A06-E6FDCDBA6906.jpeg
    7109F477-E497-411F-8A06-E6FDCDBA6906.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 47

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my yasha goby. He looks so cool when he comes out to eat. But he spends most of his time in the burrows. So if you want a fish you see all the time. Yasha is probably not the beat bet even though they look amazing. Bad pick cause he’s hard to snap.
They are beautiful and were my first goby choice but I have a friend who has one and it's the same. He doesn't see him very much. On the other hand, I see my Wheeler's from dawn till lights out. Not as pretty IMHO opinion, but visible and really fun to with with his shrimp buddy.

OP
OP
Woodchip

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting a Hectors goby but I would still love to hear your opinions. I don’t have pictures so I hope you can see this video.

Attachments

• IMG_2060.MOV
    11.8 MB
OP
OP
Woodchip

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are on a phone you can just hold on the link then hit download linked file and then click on the arrow new your search bar.

rocklobster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get a watchman goby, you have to get him a pistol shrimp, they’ll pair up. Then when your friends come over, you can bore them with the details of their symbiotic relationship.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like gobies too. No one has mentioned firefish goby? My favourite is the purple firefish. I also have a yellow clown goby. I’ve had a yellow watchman goby. My next fish will be a neon goby.

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can purchase captive grown yasha gobies and hector’s goby. Either would be nice

Darren

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back