Going to LFS for CUC. Any tips?

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have returned from the LFS, heres what I got: *pics when I finish acclimation, will also update build thread.*
- 1 bicolor blenny
- 1 turbo snail (omg that thing is HUGE! Its bigger than a golfball!)
- 1 banded serpent starfish
- 1 Skunk cleaner shrimp
- 3 different zoa frags, I dont know what kind they are, but I know one of them is a rasta which i specifically requested.
- 2 nassarius
- 2 red legged hermits
You'll thoroughly enjoy the serpent star. It'll probably disappear most of the day under rocks etc, then when you feed the fish it'll likely slink out for a visit!

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive added everything to the tank, acclimation is done, zoas have been dipped, and @CanuckReefer I am enjoying the serpent star. I picked it up to put it in the tank and it was fun, then added him and he immediatly went to hide. I also really like the nassarius snails, i put them in and immediately they burrowed in the sand. Blenny is small, but he/she is doing well. Does anyone know how to sex male and female (bicolor) blennys?

seahorsebill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to my LFS this weekend for the first time in a while, Ontario has been in lockdown for about a month now (just over), and my nearest LFS is 1h away, but I am finally going this weekend. * keep in mind i am 15 and cant drive yet :) * Ive been meaning to buy something to tackle the GHA outbreak I've been having, and maybe even buy another fish, since I only have my 2 clowns right now. May some zoas who knows.
Tell me what you think, Im not buying all of these they are just ideas for things I would like to get (tank is 20g):
- pincushion urchin, ive heard they are excellent algae eaters and I simply think they are very cool.
- Maybe a banded serpent starfish for my sandbed, or any other starfish.
- Maybe a blood shrimp, I previously had a skunk cleaner and I love the personalities shrimp bring to the tank. Do blood cleaners behave and have the same care requirements as the skunk cleaners?
- If not the starfish then maybe 2-3 nassarius snails.
- I would like maybe a pair of pyjama cardinals, would a pair of those work in a 20g with clowns?
- Maybe a yellowtail damsel, I would like a fish that swims out in the open. ( ^^^ are cardinals fish that swim out in the open?) My clownfish are always hiding in their little cave so I would like something that swims around the upper/mid areas of the tank.
Please leave any suggestions for fish or CUC.

Thanks #reefsquad
Buy online

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back