Gold Stripe Maroon

saleen385

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pair of gold stripe maroon clowns yesterday. acclimated them and dropped them in close to my nems they went right under them and let the tentacles touch them. fed frozen brine and they gobbled it up.
they aren't even an inch long and they were fighting each other within an hour of being in the tank. an hour later and they were split up, one on one end of the tank and the other on the other end. that's how they were when lights out.
this morning they were both in the same over flow and seemed to be getting along.

OP
OP
saleen385

saleen385

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
noticed last night while feeding that my gold head sleeper goby tried to eat one of the clowns LOL. didn't realize how small they are till that moment. think he would have if he could of got his mouth open far enough.
hope fully they grow fast.

OP
OP
saleen385

saleen385

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well it only took 4 days and one of the clowns found and is living in the nem. only problem is he is chasing and fighting with the other one and that one keeps winding up in the overflow or sump. hope they will eventually pair up.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pairing helps if one is significantly larger then the other. If same size they'll have to workout who's going to be female and dominate. This can lead to the death of one of them if not watching and separating if it's to abusive.

Last edited:

KorL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its a bit more difficult trying to pair two clowns of similiar size. As both of them will try to dominate one another. Watch their behavior. If the dominate fish is relentless with harassment it's definitely time to separate them. You can also remove the dominate fish from the main tank for a couple of days. That has worked for me

OP
OP
saleen385

saleen385

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pairing helps if one is significantly larger then the other. If same size they'll have to workout who's going to be female and dominate. This can lead to the death of one of them if not watching and separating if it's to abusive.
They seem to have already figured out which is the dominate because one keeps ending up in the overflow or sump.

Yeah its a bit more difficult trying to pair two clowns of similiar size. As both of them will try to dominate one another. Watch their behavior. If the dominate fish is relentless with harassment it's definitely time to separate them. You can also remove the dominate fish from the main tank for a couple of days. That has worked for me
I would love to take the dominate one out for a couple of days but he's found the nem and would be a project to get him out.

OP
OP
saleen385

saleen385

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well one of the little guys didn't make it.
question, will the one I have left eventually turn into a female seeing as it's alone now or should I try and find a large female to try and pair with the one that's left?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back