Gold stripe maroon

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a pair of GSM from sustain able Aquatics a little over a year ago,female 2" plus,the male slightly smaller.I'm guessing the fishes were about 1 year old when I got them,after a year with me which would have them a 2 years old the female who is about 3" only has the faintest yellow color on her head stripe the other no color at all,thought they would have full color by now.I've seen smaller GSM with full color,it's the reason I wanted a pair, any thoughts?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could just be the actual breed you purchased. TDO chroma boost is by far the best pellet food I've used but should not impact the gold coloring on a gold stripe maroon.

As usual you are spot on with your comment @DSC reef! TDO Chroma BOOST will primarily bring out the reds/oranges, but with out seeing pictures and based on the OPs comment "no color at all" it made me wonder if all of the color in the fish was faded and with a healthier fish via better feeds then the color would come back. If it is just an issue of a healthy GSM with good color, but just no yellow then that is likely a genetic issue.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back