Gold zoa id+more!

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time ive ever seen a truelly gold zoa,on top of that they have a navy blue ring with a white mouth and green skirts. Does anyone know if they are named? They are pretty small tho
feb252011030.jpg

feb252011032.jpg

feb252011010.jpg

You think they are yellow,no, compare them to these zoas,these zoas also need an id
feb252011012.jpg

2 more palys

Rainbow yellow palys
feb252011009.jpg

feb252011022.jpg

Pink black edge palys
feb252011021.jpg

feb252011008.jpg

Please lmk if any of them are already named

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, they havent opened all the way yet,i hope that changes,i really want these to make it!

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same rainbows. I haven't found a name yet. When you come up with one let me know lol

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about others, but I have trouble telling ID's on half-closed polyps, a lot of the colors tend to be much more indistinct compared to when they're fully opened up and viewed straight on to the polyp.

Certainly very nice stuff though, congrads on the nice pickups!

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to get another picture if i ever catch them all the way opened

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These arent looking so hot,the whole colony is closed except 1 polyp, anyone have any tips on saving them?? I really dont want to loose them.......

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These arent looking so hot,the whole colony is closed except 1 polyp, anyone have any tips on saving them?? I really dont want to loose them.......

That sucks to hear- options available are hydrogen peroxide dip, revive/coral RX dip, long iodine soaking, fragging off healthy polyps, placing in lower lighted area, placing in higher/lower flow depending.

Some of those may be more extreme than needed, can you post a picture of what they're currently looking like? Simply closed polyps with no fungus or rotting can be caused by too high of light or flow, but could also be pests of some sort nipping at them. Did you do a flatworm exit dip before placing in tank? Might be worth a try if you haven't. Revive/coral RX will also hopefully knock off any other predators such as snails.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be4 i put them in i did an h202 dip,i do that with all new zoa colonies..But these are firm polyps that are closed.. they were in very low flow,so i moved them up to see if they open 2mrw..if not ill move them down and out of direct light...i havent seen any pests either..

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be4 i put them in i did an h202 dip,i do that with all new zoa colonies..But these are firm polyps that are closed.. they were in very low flow,so i moved them up to see if they open 2mrw..if not ill move them down and out of direct light...i havent seen any pests either..

How long between the dip and now? Zoa eating nudi's can be almost impossible to spot, especially when young, and while the h202 will kill adults, the eggs will come through unscathed. Normally a 3-5 day cycle between born-juv-reproduction capable adult. Treatment is real easy with flatworm exit, and if you don't have an abundance of flatworms in tank, can be dosed directly to system every 3 days to ensure elimination of any. Anytime I get a wild import zoa I do this sort of treatment to the system they're in, sorta pricey on the flatworm exit, but so worth the piece of mind of not having to deal with an infestation.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if its nudis but its wortha shot..i ahve fw exit,so is there any particular steps i should to use it or just follow the directions...i dont think there are any fw's but i guess ill do the fw exit just incase......

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if its nudis but its wortha shot..i ahve fw exit,so is there any particular steps i should to use it or just follow the directions...i dont think there are any fw's but i guess ill do the fw exit just incase......

Just follow directions- basically one drop per gallon, turn off/remove any activated carbon or similar media (like chemipure and whatnot), keep pumps on, and after about 30 minutes, put the carbon back in to soak up any toxins from the flatworms and the flatworm exit as well.

Main thing-if you have any planeria/brown flatworms in the tank, try and siphon out as many as possible first, or dip rocks with them in a seperate container to let the flatworms die off in that other container before returning to tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back