Golden Head Sleeper Goby possible suicide

seitzjh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today I left home and everybody in the tank were doing good and going about their normal morning routines. That I thought! So I get back home, I was only gone about 4 hours. I check the tank and found the Sea Cucumber in underneath the anemone. That was where the paired Golden head sleeper gobies live. I did notice the anemone looked irritated and the middle of it looked not normal. Then i noticed the emerald crabs were out behind the rocks picking at something. So i found out that it was one of the gobies they were eating. Everybody looks happy even all the corals. The anemone looks happier now since the cucumber is moving out. The only thing i can think of that happened is cucumber moved in, gobies not happy, goby got caught or touched by anemone and died. Crabs start to eat. What would be a good replacement to pair with the goby. I know what your thinking "Wow, moving on so soon." LOL! Any suggestions?

You will be missed my fishy friend!

20181209_134312.jpg
20181209_134307.jpg

Now there is one and the cucumber is on the move. The Sea cucumber has a name now. Homewrecker!

20190109_190249.jpg

Chilli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gobys..... are the suicide champions!

i passed in the night to my tank and saw one goby on the ground from my goby couple, i take him back in tank, after some time i would watched how he is....
my nassarius at work, i filmed it:

in the next morning he was skin and bones.
now i´m searching for a new girl/boyfriend.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Is There Anybody Out There?"

Oooh, a PF reference ..... probably appropriate given all the fuss over The Wall .....

Golden head gobies are not an easy fish to keep. Given the size of the anemone, probably not a sting. I’ve kept them singly in the past.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back