Golden headed moray eel Sick?

Kyuubi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so I’ve had this little golden headed moray for a few months now, and he’s eating the live foods fine (pre-quarantined Chromis, saltwater glass minnows, and other small schooling fish I’ve harvested from the ocean legally) but today I noticed bumps on his head near his eyes, is this normal or some kind of infection?
Eel was also pre-quarantined with medication before going in the tank. Won’t even look at frozen food unfortunately but I’m able to supply live foods for the moment. (Sorry about the chromis, they’re adorable but also his favorite )

If you know what this is, why it’s happening, and how I can treat it please let me know!!! He is the only inhabitant of the tank besides his live food and there are currently 5 chromis and 4 glass minnows in the 100gal tank (total water volume)

926CECEA-C90E-46EE-97EF-0ECC10A563AD.jpeg

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi so I’ve had this little golden headed moray for a few months now, and he’s eating the live foods fine (pre-quarantined Chromis, saltwater glass minnows, and other small schooling fish I’ve harvested from the ocean legally) but today I noticed bumps on his head near his eyes, is this normal or some kind of infection?
Eel was also pre-quarantined with medication before going in the tank. Won’t even look at frozen food unfortunately but I’m able to supply live foods for the moment. (Sorry about the chromis, they’re adorable but also his favorite )

If you know what this is, why it’s happening, and how I can treat it please let me know!!! He is the only inhabitant of the tank besides his live food and there are currently 5 chromis and 4 glass minnows in the 100gal tank (total water volume)

926CECEA-C90E-46EE-97EF-0ECC10A563AD.jpeg
I suggest you repost under fish disease. Jay has a lot of knowledge and can probably answer.

Back