Golden strip maroon clown aggression

Rahulreece

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi had a nano aquarium 80liters with an oscellaris clown small size for 6months .Yesterday I had been purchased a golden strip maroon clown L size .then I placed oscellaris into a breeder box.Today morning released it too now both are quite but maroon give little bit chase not continuously sometimes!.they will become quite are any action needed.

Attachments

• VID20231016112552.mp4
    14.8 MB

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi had a nano aquarium 80liters with an oscellaris clown small size for 6months .Yesterday I had been purchased a golden strip maroon clown L size .then I placed oscellaris into a breeder box.Today morning released it too now both are quite but maroon give little bit chase not continuously sometimes!.they will become quite are any action needed.
Maroon clowns are notorious for being the most aggressive clownfish out there. I wouldn't suggest attempting keeping both the Maroon and Ocellaris in the same system, given how small your tank is.
The minimum recommended tank size for a Maroon clown is 30 gallons (113.5 litres), so much more than what you currently have.

I think that if the Maroon is showing aggression already to an established clownfish, it's not going to end well for the Ocellaris.

Given that you bought a larger Maroon, I'm assuming it's transitioned to female. This means that you potentially have 2 female clownfish in your very small tank, which, again, won't end well for the Ocellaris.

If it were me, I would take the Maroon clown back to the store and exchange it for another Ocellaris clown.

I'm sure other people will chime in and help.

OP
OP
Rahulreece

Rahulreece

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon clowns are notorious for being the most aggressive clownfish out there. I wouldn't suggest attempting keeping both the Maroon and Ocellaris in the same system, given how small your tank is.
The minimum recommended tank size for a Maroon clown is 30 gallons (113.5 litres), so much more than what you currently have.

I think that if the Maroon is showing aggression already to an established clownfish, it's not going to end well for the Ocellaris.

Given that you bought a larger Maroon, I'm assuming it's transitioned to female. This means that you potentially have 2 female clownfish in your very small tank, which, again, won't end well for the Ocellaris.

If it were me, I would take the Maroon clown back to the store and exchange it for another Ocellaris clown.

I'm sure other people will chime in and help.
Okay I will try to return it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back